Go Bottom

price fixing

View my Photos
ottoemma
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-28          135522

Are Kubota tractors prices fixed..like stihl and husky, (all dealers charge the same)or can you bargain on the price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

price fixing

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-28          135525

I'll answer this as a dealer. There is no price fixing but the costs from Kubota are identical to the dealer except for freight. From there it is more of a matter of what the dealer figures his cost of setup as well as to stay in business. I do see variations in all makes and models for pricing from one dealer to the other just as well with the service given when and if needed. ....

price fixing

View my Photos
ottoemma

2006-09-28          135528

Trying to find posted retail prices on line was like getting goverment assistance.

So it is not unlike auto dealers who work off a "invoice" price. The ultimate selling price is determined my the amount of profit that the dealer is willing to accept in order to make the sale.

Thanks much for the info.

price fixing

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-28          135531

You are correct in that dealers have a set price. Then it's just a markup from there according to what they think they should/could get.

For tractors, it's not as complex as the auto industry with % back to the dealer if the vehicle is sold within 90 days, rebates, etc. It is simpler. Fortunately! ....

price fixing

View my Photos
ottoemma

2006-09-29          135549

Thanks all,
Now to go out and make the best deal I can ( without getting "snookered")

Great snake pics Iowafun! ....

price fixing

View my Photos
Art White

2006-09-29          135554

Iowafun, when you have a tractor that the manufacturers terms are coming to an end you'd better believe that the dealer would rather sell it for less margin then to have to pay interest on it or to settle for it when a potential buyer is standing in front of him. The cost of floor planning is not cheap and to add the cost to the tractor with the first payment of interest just made that unit more expensive then a brand new one out of the factory! In all areas of the market place including cars and four wheelers and snowmobiles everyone wants market share and they do push for more sales every year. They want more of their equipment in the yards becuase some only look at sold to dealers not at sold to customers to find their spot in the industry leaving the burdon on the dealer to move the equipment. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login