Go Bottom

Classified

View my Photos
leejohn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-15          143711

Looked at the Classifieds Ads this morning and it looks like they are scam ads. Has anyone checked them out? Lee

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Classified

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-15          143713

I looked at them and see no scams. Where are you looking? ....

Classified

View my Photos
Billy

2007-07-15          143714

I took a quick look and saw the ones posted by teddy12newton look pretty bogus. ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-15          143715

let's see if he replies to an inquiry? And what he says ;) ....

Classified

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-15          143716

I used to place some ads on another website for farm equipment. Everything seemed to go just fine, legitimate buyers or sellers till about five years ago. Since then most any ad I placed was answered almost immediately by someone from another country who would have his represenative come buy and leave me a cashiers check, counterfit of course, and haul away what I was selling. No thanks, if I want to give it away I'll give it to someone honest. My banker told me a while back all of the reasons that a cashiers check is so easy to forge, but I don't tremember it all now, he will not accept one unless he calls the bank where it was written. Frank. ....

Classified

View my Photos
leejohn

2007-07-15          143731

I'm looking at the ones by teddy12newton. A L3130 for $2700.00 with free shipping? Lets see if he gets back to Dennis. Maybe he well post what it's about. Lee ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143743

Ok this is a riot! I sent him an email asking what was his asking price. I got the following message which displayed beautiful pictures of what looked like an almost new Tractor that had to worth almost an order of magnitude more. This he offerd to me for $2700 shipped anywhere in the US within 5 days.

Some deal, oh yeash! In his reply you can see the obvious lack of understanding of english as well as the total lack of understanding of what a tractor is worth. I thought this guy had used the price field incorrectly, but no he is just the dumbest scammer there is.

Hi

Thank you for contacting me about the 2004 Kubota L3130 4wd Tractor.In attach you have photos.
If you are interested to buy this tractor let me tell you some words about it.
It is in perfect condition. 2004 Kubota L3130 4wd Tractor with Foldable Rops.
8x8 Synchro Shuttle
Intelli Panel
3 Cylinder 31HP Diesel Motor
Kubota LA513 Quick Attach Front Loader
Kubota BL469OB 7.5ft Backhoe with 16inch Bucket
Backhoe has quick 3 point attachment
Runs on own hydraulic off of P.T.O
Tractor has 3 point hitch 7 rear P.T.O
Only 91 hours on tractor & Attachments
I am the only owner
Stored indoors and all maintenance done at Kubota authorized dealer
Still has remaining factory warranty.
All manuals & maintenance records This is a good clean original tractor that is ready to go to work. It is a used tractor so it sells as-is.
The price is $2,700.00 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US & Canada and insurance charges.For shipping i will use DAS auto shippers.They will deliver the tractor anyware in US in no more then 5 days right to the buyer shipping address.Let me know if you are intrested.I will wait your reply.

Thank you.
Newton

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143744

This guy should be reported. Has anyone ever tried the Internet Crime Complaint government site? ....

Link:   Internet Crime Complaint

Classified

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-07-16          143745

Wonder how he would dance if you asked where the tractor was for a hands on inspection. ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143746

I just have to laugh at the "let me tell you some words about it" statement, what planet is he from, $2700 including shipping. I just shipped 12 ounces to Indiana for 5 bucks LOL.

I'll let you know if he has a comeback for a onsite visit in Texas ;) ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143747

I sent him this message:

"Teddy,

Wow this sounds great! I am so excited please hold onto that machine for me!

Please let me know where I can see it right now. Thank you so very much.

Anxiously awaiting your reply.

Dennis
"

Classified

View my Photos
Murf

2007-07-16          143748

Do a reverse trace on the IP he posted from, I bet he posted from an internet cafe in Africa somewhere......

I have a great deal of fun playing with guys like this myself.

My favourite line is "What luck!!! My brother is a policeman in (insert target location) and has time to go there and look at it for me right after work today, if he likes it he will leave a deposit for me. Please get right back to me with exact directions and contact information!!!"

Best of luck. ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143749

So here is Teddy's reply:

"I am planning to list the tractor on eBay.com I have a good feedback there.
If you agree , and if you are interested to buy this tractor please, contact me and I will list the item using the buy it now option for a smooth transaction on Ebay.com.
Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we will use Ebay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection Program which will hold the payment until you receive the tractor.However , it is 100% refundable if the tractor is not as described.Please let me know soon because i must to sell it.
Thank you
"

To which I reply that I can only pay cash but will pay double asking price and pick up in person with trailer.

Hmmmmmm silence whata surprise! ....

Classified

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-07-16          143752

Dennis did you remove his ads? I don't see them now. And just as the price and other info was really getting too hot to pass up. Looks like "leejohn" was on his toes. ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143753

KT yes I removed the ads. ....

Classified

View my Photos
leejohn

2007-07-16          143758

I'm glad you had fun with him. Lee ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-16          143760

Well he could not take my double asking price offer because he already listed it on Ebay. Now it says that the tractor is in North Dakota instead of in Texas as he listed it here on Tractorpoint. He is listed as 100% satisfaction level ebay seller with 315 sales.

All the items are for goofy soft goods like toaster covers etc no equopment. Sounds like identity theft to me. ....

Link:   Ebay sale item

Classified

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-16          143761

DennisCTB,

If you can find out where he is in North Dakota, (uh huh.....right!) I'll be more than happy to pay the guy a visit.

Joel ....

Classified

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-17          143762

Well, it appears as though somebody has reported the fraudulent auction to ebay, as the auction has since been terminated. Many thanks to the unknown person who did this. I thank you.

Joel ....

Classified

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-07-17          143764

Cando,

The ad is still on eBay this AM. ....

Classified

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-17          143765

DennisCTB,

Ebay's auction removal system doesn't update itself any too quickly. I typed in the auction number in the search box. The auction is no longer listed. I tried adding the auction to my watch list, but that didn't work.

I'm confident that the auction has been terminated. However, if you click on the link posted above, it will still appear, due to the fact that ebay hasn't yet cleared its archives.

This is not to say that the auction hasn't been relisted. I haven't yet checked up on this.

Joel ....

Classified

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-17          143766

Dear friends,

The ebay seller mentioned above has attempted to sell the same tractor in six different ebay auctions. He has also listed a B7500 tractor for $2700.00, for a total of 7 different auctions.

All seven auctions have been terminated. The seller no longer has any auctions listed on ebay.

Joel ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login