Go Bottom

Kubota M8540 Price Check

View my Photos
alt255
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-29          145194

I have been told that it is important to get (within reason) the most tractor you can afford. I have borrowed and rented tractors in the past and smaller tractors work me more than I work them.

Here is the deal...

Kubota M8540 HD:
85hp 4wd Tractor,
Hydraulic Shuttle Shift,
Second Remote on back, R4 Tires $27845.00

Kubota LA1353:
Front Loader with
SkidSteer Quick Attach $5795.00

Third Function Valve for Loader $950.00

I think the R4 tires are going to loose me too much power so I will probably just go standard tires which is -$40.00
I can probably do without the Third Function Valve for the loader -950.00, and the 2nd remote ($ dont know, dealer never broke it out), but they would be nice.

The tractor is just the half of it and I am concerned about the cost of implements. I will probably poor-boy implements for a while.

I have compared this local price with another dealer and he is about $1100.00 less over-all. The dealer that is less is about 300 miles away, each way. I have a trailer and all it would cost me is time and gas.

If I am going to be eating rice and beans to afford this thing I want to make sure I am getting a square deal and not leaving any money on the table.

How do these prices look too you?

Thanks
alt255

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota M8540 Price Check

View my Photos
12251hd

2007-09-02          145305

That's a good tractor. Price is within range that I have seen. But frankly, I'd rather pay slightly higher with a good local dealer than an out of town cheapo. I have an M6800 and find the R4 tires work good for me. Yes I get some slippage in muddy or wet condition, but the R4's handle the heavy brush hogging (thorns and heavy stubble) well. Good luck. ....

Kubota M8540 Price Check

View my Photos
alt255

2007-09-10          145595

Thanks for the input. I too think its fair $. Atleast I know whatever I choose the dealer will (should) be square going forward regardless of what I choose.

I have been having second thoughts about the 8540 and leaning (on the fence) to the 7040.

I think I will start a new thread with that question. 8540 vs 7040

Thanks
alt255 ....

Kubota M8540 Price Check

View my Photos
jegenrieder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-23          178132

I'm in this same position now, and I'm very interested in whether you picked the m7040 or the m8540. I also have a B3030 with FEL and backhoe for smaller jobs.

In addition to lift capacity, a big interest of mine is the larger hydraulic pump capacity of 17gpm instead of the m7040's 11gpm for running certain Bobcat attachments on the front loader. I can't find out whether I can put a larger pump on the m7040. If so the size of the m7040 is appealing.

Jim
jim (at) woodhouseresearch (dot)org ....

Link:   Wood House Farm

Kubota M8540 Price Check

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-24          178139

My slant is that the determining factor is the application, not the bucks you can beg or borrow. A 2-seat car won't do what a 6-seater can. But a 30HP tractor will do everything an 90HP will, just take longer. It's easier to transport and cheaper to equip, and can get into places a bigger one can't. And they're much more common on the private resale market.

But if the application requires a Category III hole digger or the transport of two-yard bucketfulls, then you don't have the option of a compact rig. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login