Go Bottom

Kubota loader lift capacity

View my Photos
rzlincoln
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-10          148066

I'm trying to compare the lift capacity of an LA854 with other brands. The Kubota website doesn't say if their lift capacity is at max. height, 59", or what. Does anyone know? I'm comparing to a JD 400X, and wondering which has more lift capacity.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-10          148068

Where does the 59 inches come from? Just looking at the literature I don't see anything that uses that measurement.

View my Photos
rzlincoln

2007-11-10          148070

That's the problem. Kubota doesn't say at what height their capacity is measured.

John Deere gives lift capacities at max. height and at 59" for both pivot pin and 500mm forward.

The 59" comes from JD specs.

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-10          148072

Rzlincoln,

I found the specs for the LA854 loader.

See the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   LA854 Loader Specifications

View my Photos
rzlincoln

2007-11-10          148081

Thanks Joel.

I've seen those specs. and that's what my question is about. I want to know if that stated lift capacity is measured at maximum height or not.

The other manufacturers give capacities at max. height and at lower heights. It seems there is a significant difference between what the loader can lift to 4 or 5 feet, and what it lifts to 9 feet. I am trying to make a fair comparison, so am looking for the same measurement of both loaders. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2007-11-11          148093

I wonder if the lift capacity is different due to the perceived safety aspect of the manufacturer. If they say the loader is capable of lifting a thousand pounds to four feet into the air but only 600 pounds to nine feet they are more or less protecting themselves if you tip the machine over aren't they? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-11-11          148098

After pushing three different FEL's to the limits I can tell you that they are self limiting.

For example, my current loader will lift a pallet with 33 cinder blocks (roughly a 950 pound load) about 24 inches and then it will not go any higher.

If I add a half dozen blocks it only raises about a foot. Pull some off and it will pump itself up higher in proportion to the amount removed.

Another observation: the curl has a bit more oomph than the lift. A few years ago I was harvesting some very large sections of an ancient cottonwood.

Sometimes I could get under the load but it was too heavy to lift straight up. In most of those cases I could curl it a few inches off the ground and create enough clearance to move the piece to a place where I could work on it.

Before your try this at home make double dang sure you have the maximum recommended rear ballast in place and not just the box blade you normally use.

I don't mess with loads like these unless I have at least 1000 pounds of counter-measure slung off the back end.

View my Photos
cutter

2007-11-11          148099

Sounds as though it is related to the change in leverage presented by the loader arms moving upward and the cylinder extending as the unit rises doesn't it?

I have not noticed the differences as you have other than the curl being more powerful. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-11-12          148132

There's much controversy over spec's, and not just limited to the tractor industry.

Witness the (particularly truck) commercials the auto industry puts out, they're better at finding niches to brag about than the baseball guys are.

Cutter is right though, the bucket moves further out as it rises up, at about the point Mark mentioned, ~24" up on a SCUT or smaller CUT, ~36" on a CUT, this results in a much increased load to get up past this point.

I would take any loader 'rating' with a SACK of salt though, I've yet to see any company offer 'real world' results, they are all hypothetical figures calculated based on theoretical best numbers. The pump SHOULD make X PSI, the cylinders SHOULD make X pounds of lift, etc., but the machines don't (can't) actually produce that amount of lift.

Case in point, most figures I've seen are based on hydraulic fluid at 70° or some such figure, try putting your hand on a control valve or fitting of a hard working unit and tell me the fluid is anywhere near that temperature!

I had an instance recently where I was picking up something at a dealers yard, it was palletized and still bore the shipping labels. Both the label and the manufacturers spec's agreed on the weight and it was about 800 pounds less than the 'rated' lift of a tractor the dealers employee brought out to load the item on my trailer. This was a brand new tractor just having been PDI'd and it would not BUDGE the pallet never mind lift it. The mechanic took it back in the shop to check it over while the salesman fired up a big old yard forklift. When the mechanic came back out he said he was mystified, everything was according to spec on the tractor.

This has been my experience too over the years, the 'real world' capacity of a FEL is somewhere about 60% to 70% of the 'rated' capacity of the unit.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2007-11-12          148163

shedding more light on this, my L3130 723 loader 6'bucket w/tooth bar will lift my '55 chevy front end up enough to block it with no trouble. that said it will barely lift a full bucket of dirt high enough to load my single axle dump truck.lol. chas. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login