Go Bottom

Good Deal on Kubota B1700

View my Photos
teamcaffeine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-15          152174

'99 Kubota B1700, FEL, MMM, rear blade, landscape rake, 442 hours, looks in great shape, 1 owner, garage kept

$10,000

Thanks!

DW

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-15          152192

DW,

I'd say it's is a bit on the high side -- not a Great Deal.

If you are truly interested in this tractor, you might want to offer the fella 8700, and then work with him from there. I wouldn't go over 9200.

Joel ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-16          152196

Don't know what an MMM is, but with the FEL, make sure it's 4WD and it works OK.

It does sound high for a small used tractor, but it's a good brand, the loader is a costly attachment, and it's relatively new. I'd guess it's twice that new.

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-03-16          152197

Auerbach,

You're right. One would expect to pay a little more for this tractor when purchasing from a dealer. However, I'm guessing the guy is selling this tractor outright, simply because a dealer wasn't going to him much for it.

When buying from a private seller, there is usually a little more wiggle room when making a purchase.

Joel ....

View my Photos
teamcaffeine

2008-03-16          152199

MMM is mid mount mower, sorry for the confusion, thought I was being cool using the tricky abreviations! The tractor is 4 wheel drive. I thought it was a little high, but it is close by, seems to be well maintained. I am a little worried about the tractor being underpowered with 17 hp. Is this a legitimate concern? I need the tractor to rototill, use a post hole digger and move some rocks around. Thanks for any help!

Darren ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-03-16          152201

Darren,

The B1700 is a bit on the small side. It will handle a small tiller just fine. It will not handle a 5 foot tiller, but it might handle a 4 footer.

If you have any doubts at all, it's always better to take the time to find the right tractor, than to settle for something that won't do the job for you.

For about 2000 dollars more, you should be able to get yourself a tractor that will do everything you want it to do.

Joel ....

View my Photos
teamcaffeine

2008-03-16          152205

Joel,

I agree with your statements. I was pretty impressed with the unit until I checked the hp ratings. I found a B7500 w/o the FEL, but with a bush hog for 6700 with 108 hours. Good price, but I wanted the FEL so I figured I would wait rather than try and find a FEL for that machine....Oh well, half the fun is looking I suppose!

Darren ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-03-16          152207

Darren, I should have twigged onto "MMM." Those are almost twice the cost of a rear mower. They're a bit harder to service, attach, detach and store, but they don't increase the length of the unit and they make it more stable, therefore safer when using the loader. Now the price seems ballpark.

Tractor HP is not like car HP. One with twice the ponies won't do twice the work, but will do it faster with bigger attachments. There's nothing a bigger one will do that yours won't while using less fuel (and more time). The present and future attachments are matched to the power. How wide the tiller depends on how deep you want to go into what. Again, if it's a bit too big or small, you just go slower or faster.

The tires will last half the 80-yr lifetime of the tractor so check it has the tread you want (turf for mowing, ag for digging and dozing).

View my Photos
Art White

2008-03-16          152212

A B-1700 is the same basic tractor as the 7500. There has always been three basic models in that B-chassis. They have been good tractors.
Transportation costs are gaining every day it seems! ....

View my Photos
jmetzger8777

2008-08-01          155736

Found one yet? I am now selling a B1700 with FEL & MMM with 350 hours. Always garaged and in great shape front to back. I was offered $6000 by a dealer and would be happy to meet you half way at $8000.

Jeff Metzger, Maineville, OH (NE Cincinnati) ....

View my Photos
teamcaffeine

2008-08-07          155905

Yeah, Found a JD 4100 with MMM, FEL, landscape rake, grader box, 500 hrs, got good deal also :) Thanks for asking though.

Darren ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2008-10-15          157288

Darren ~

This may be a bit late in getting to you, however, I just got in and back on from a medical hiatus.

Don't be shy on the B1700 model. It is not a current model from Kubota, however, will certainly be capable of handling the tasks that you presented.

I have several B models, as one will see in some of my pics. I would encourage reviewing some older posts and discussions regarding the concerns that you have. Once you do, you'll realize that it will do the job just fine - albeit slower, but just fine.

I have two B5200's that are 1987 vintage,(13.5 hp 3cyl eng / 11 hp pto), one that I routinely use a Woods 6500 hoe on, and another with a five foot - that would be 5 foot tiller, without issue since 1987. Additionally, I have a few B7500's as well that I switch implements on/off with including tiller and bush hog. I have a Befco brand Tiller right from North Carolina, and could not be happier with it.
Remember though, the depth, the type of material to be tilled are key. If you are trying to till muck, then the little orange will be strained not only in the operation, however when you try to pick it up out of the plot, that muck will be ridiculously heavy AND be added weight to your 3pt lifting system. Otherwise, you really should not have any issues. Hope this helps

Willie H. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login