Go Bottom

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
ejkessler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-15          158593

I received my L3540 today w/LA763 FEL/BH90/HST/QA bucket/Mid mount pto/Rear remote/R4's. I traded my L2800w/FEL and BH75 which I had for 2 years. I owned a bx22 prior to that for over 3 years. I enjoyed the machine but decided to up size with the great financing available through Kubota right now. 0% for 60 months w/15% down. I checked around at six different dealers in 3 states (NY, CT and MA). I live in CT. The price quote differences were huge. The difference the dealers wanted to trade were as much as 9,000 dollars higher than the lowest offer. I ended up going with Art at White's Tractor Supply in NY, for he was not only the most reasonable but also the most polite and easiest to work with. I also like the idea of going with someone who has been around and knows tractors. Expertise is also worth a lot. Sorting out the details was important on what would or would not be necessary. I find it fracking amazing how much money some of these dealers out there are trying to make. My advice to any one is to look around and do your homework. Thanks Art for your time, energy, working knowledge and business ethics.
Eric Kessler

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-16          158595

Congratulations on your new CUT! Now you'll need to update your profile :)

Hey, are you related to the Kesslering surname? ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
ejkessler

2008-12-16          158597

No relation. Thanks for reminding me about the profile. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-16          158598

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkessler | view 158593
I checked around at six different dealers in 3 states (NY, CT and MA). I live in CT. The price quote differences were huge. The difference the dealers wanted to trade were as much as 9,000 dollars higher than the lowest offer. I ended up going with Art at White's Tractor Supply in NY, for he was not only the most reasonable but also the most polite and easiest to work with. ..... Thanks Art for your time, energy, working knowledge and business ethics.Eric Kessler

Now there's a nice thing to hear in this day & age.

I'm very glad to hear one of our own getting a pat on the back for a job well done!!

Congrats Art, keep up the long-standing tradition of excellence!!!

Best of luck. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
Art White

2008-12-16          158601

Thanks Eric! That will get you another hat!! We do try hard. Naturally I wish you well with your new tractor! ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-12-16          158605

Art's a good guy.

If he were in Oregon I might be driving Orange. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-17          158609

Agree, Art is one of the good ones. His advice to me has always fair, honest and appreciated. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
Art White

2008-12-19          158690

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 158605
Art's a good guy.If he were in Oregon I might be driving Orange.

That would be a good one! I wish it would be that easy to move as I know I'd enjoy working with you! ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-19          158708

Question for Art W. or anyone else familiar with new Kubota tractors. How come I cannot find information on the L3540 on the Kubota tractor webpage? What are the main differences between the L3400 and the L3540? ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
ejkessler

2008-12-20          158738

Art can respond as well. But the Kubota web site can be confusing when trying to get the specs from one type of tractor to another. If you look at the L series page you have the choice of either looking at the New Grand L40 or the L2800/L3400/L4400. The New Grand L40 is a series of tractors. Click on the Grand L40 button. Then you click on Line up. You will see their whole line up. Once you click on the L3540 you then can go down and click on the specification button that is on the same page for that tractor. You then can either view the specs from that page or then click on the PDF version button for more in depth info. Hope this helps.
Eric ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-20          158745

Thanks for the tip. For some reason I was thinking the Grand L 40 series were in the 40-60hp so I never ever looked at the specs. Your L3540 looks like a step up from the L3400 and will make you a nice tractor. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
ejkessler

2008-12-21          158757

I had a L2800 which is identical to the L3400 and for all practical purposes performs the same as the L3400 with the exception of the PTO power increase. I really enjoyed having the machine but wanted to be able to dig deeper with the BH and to be able to handle one ton pallets with the 3pt hitch. It is a nice upgrade. I truly did not appreciate the size difference until the tractor came and they were standing side by side. I considered going with an L3240 which like the L2800/L3400 is the same as the L3540 with more HP. I opted for the more HP though I am aware that the vast majority of the work I will be doing with it I will just be using more fuel. It also rides like a Cadillac and the Hst Transmission on the Grand L's is a big difference from the standard Hst on the L2800/L3400/L4400. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
Art White

2008-12-21          158765

Eric is right as there are some note worthy differences in the L series line up. For some they could just look at the larger Standard L-series L-4400 for the extra horsepower but for many the Grand L is a better answer. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
ejkessler

2008-12-27          158868

I was going through my key inventory and realized that the numbers on my previous tractor L2800 from a different dealer from 2 years ago is identical to my new L3540 keys. How many different key patterns do they make? I know from the past that when I got additional keys that they were pre-made and figured they came from a selection of specific keys. I find it interesting and convenient that they match. Is there any concern though about other people potentially having the key to my tractor? ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-28          158880

I'm not aware of any non-automotive OEM's such a tractors that use anything but a common key. The published reason is if you owned a big company with many tractors and employees, all you need is one identical key for everyone. I think in reality, it's more l;ike a cost-savings to the OEM's as they don't have to stock x-many switches and key combinations.

In fact you can go on eBay and buy a huge ring of keys--about 50--for about $40.

Like my cop friend told me after my break-in: locks only keep honest people out.

I installed hidden toggle switches on my equipment, and when I leave them on job I'll disconnect (or make them appear to be) critical switches and solenoids or remove fuses--or better yet, leave a known bad one in there so they don't just look in the fuse box and make their work easy and short.

And even with automotive applications that don't use the special electronic keys, like my buddy found out his old truck key fit his dad's newer Oldsmobile. Believe it or not but there only so many key combinations out there. I want to say something like a 1,000 for GM if I recall correctly. ....

L3540 just arrived

View my Photos
Art White

2008-12-29          158894

Many manufacturers today run the samekeys for groups of tractors. Years ago they would use the same key for all of them! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login