Go Bottom

Kubota L2550 Starting problem

View my Photos
royd1947
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-29          159909

I ran my Kubota out of fuel and now am having trouble starting it. I used the valve at the injector pump to bleed air out of the gas line and now I get continuous air bubbles out of the injectors when I loosen them to bleed air from the lines. I can get the tractor to run for a few minutes then it stumbles and dies. I rebleed and get it running and it happens again. Where could I be getting an air leak? I might add that I did mistakenly loosen the top flange nuts on the lines coming out of the pump but they are now tight.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-29          159911

It sounds like you just got so much air in there it doesn't want to keep running.

All you should have to do is to refill it, leave the key on but not cranking for a few minutes while holding the valve open, when you get fuel at the valve, start it up.

If everything is now tight, repeat the above process, but with the air cleaner hose off at the intake. Have someone get on the machine to start it for you. Take a can of WD-40 and CAREFULLY hold it in front of the air intake, when the other person starts it be ready to spray in WD-40 to keep it running if it dies out, but not until it does. Setting a fast idle will help.

Once it has run for a few minutes most of the air will have bled out, but not all, expect a few more burps and hiccups for an hour or so of solid running.

Do double check though that all the lines are tight, if there's a leak it will suck in air.

Also, check the filter, running to the bottom of the tank means you likely sucked up some debris and or water too.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
royd1947
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-29          159925

Thanks for your help. It turns out it was a filthy fuel filter and I am assuming an equally dirty fuel tank. The flow through the filter couldn't keep up with engine demand so it would suck air from the empty fuel filter. That's why I could never get all the air bleed out of the injectors. I really appreciate your response. Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-30          159943

One of the dumbest things I have ever done was changed fuel filter and then bleed system and have same type problem you were. Felt like old Jeffery when I realize had failed to open the fuel cut off. When you ran out of fuel it is possible it pulled a lot of junk out of the tank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login