Go Bottom

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
crashey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-14          169213

I recently purchased a 2005 b7800 and I notce that the mid Pto control does not move the control shaft to engage the PTO. I suspect it has never been used (ptp shaft is pristine) so I wonder if there any "tricks" to get the shaft to move. The rear control slides like a knife thru butter.

thanks

crashey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-15          169230

I have a B2710 and mine is about the same way. But for mine there is a damage shifter part in the transmission caused by load pushing against the rear pto shaft. Hope that is not your case.

Of course the simple is to be sure to lube all shifting linkage and work it. Be sure there are no sticks or such in the linkage or even a pin part of the way out catching. Have you tried turning the mid pto shaft by hand with the tractor off to be sure it rotates freely? ....

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
magicheater

2010-03-16          169269

After reading your post I went and checked mine. It did not move so with the tractor running I disengaged/engaged the clutch, tried again w/no luck. Did that a few times and it finally moved. internal alignment maybe.. ....

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
crashey

2010-03-17          169322

I'm hoping the shaft is not damaged and I will disconnect the linkage and try to turn it by hand. Technically it's warrantied by the dealer for 30 days but I hate to drag it 180 miles each way if it's a simple fix. Supposedly it was working when I picked it up and this machine has never seen either pto used .

thanks and I'll let y'all know what i find out. ....

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
crashey

2010-03-20          169397

Thanks for the comments. I disconnected the linkage, a rube goldberg contraption, and moved the lever that engages the PTO. Darned hard to move! Had to use a framing hammer to tap it open. Then the PTO shaft moved smoothly. After reconnecting the linkage it still took some work to get the mid PTO engaged. Now it engages smoothly so I assume it was rarely if ever used in the previous 250 hrs over 5 years.

Now if I can figure out the various kill mechanisms that require that your butt be on the seat !

b7800 mid pto control

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-21          169407

It sounds like you need to lube all shifter linkage, even lift. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login