View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-09          171444

Websites?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Where is a less expensive Kubota parts source Dealer prices are crazy

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-09          171451

Well, they're low-volume imported parts with a captive market. Doubt there are any generic parts (maybe some filters) but for major items you might search for someone (dealers, salvage yards, user sites like this one) with a parts tractor. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-09          171452

As far as filters and at least with New Hollands, never use anything other than NH filters. The reason is not all filters accurately crossreference when it comes internals like bypass valves, micron size, flow volume and even what fluid they're made for, etc.

View my Photos
charlieK
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-26          171852

tractorsmart.com ....

View my Photos
Art White

2010-06-28          171887

We do a lot of cross checking between the three brands we sell looking for best buys that are correct. That means that the owner is getting equivelent quality of the manufacturer! It is hard to find a lower price when you look with that as a priority.

There are some that might fit but they don't meet the spec's of the originals!

One question that I often ask is why take the time and the money to research a top brand for longevity and then short change yourself on the day to day requirements?

Differenet dealers do price differently, we have a local dealer that stocks many parts even for machines that he has never sold in anticipation that we might not have the part. An ego thing I guess!
His mark-up is often 100% over retail on these and other parts. People have often asked us why he doesn't charge freight and we do, he has it built in to his price. Some have done pricing comparisons and are shocked, he also lets some go without interest payments on outstanding sales. I think he already made his interest!

Dealers do handle it differenetly as far as the prices. Actually oil and filters for us is not a huge mark-up area as we try to stay close to the NAPA next door to us and we are normally beating his prices when we are doing comparisons.

We from time to time do get sticker shock as well when looking and sometimes it's why so cheap as well as the price might be to high! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login