Go Bottom

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
mountain
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-17          175799

Good Morning,
I have a 1989 Kabota B8200HST that I can't get to start back up. I had it running out in my pasture for about 15 minutes while I was in the barn. I came out and it was not running. I assumed that it ran out of fuel so I put fuel in it and tried to start it. Now it wont start at all. I thought maybe it gelled up (it has been about 15 degrees) so I put some Diesel 911 in it and a new fuel filter, nothing. I hit it with some starter fluid and it picked up but did not catch. Any ideas? Do I just need to let it warm up more? Thank you in advance for all of the help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175802

Do you have a manual that shows the bleeding procedure? ....

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
mountain

2010-12-17          175803

No, I don't. I just got online and ordered an owners manual, will that have it in it. I hope it is something as easy as bleeding it. I just ordered new glow plugs and a block heater just in case I need them. I have never had to bleed the injectors before. Thanks for responding. ....

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175805

The down & dirty way to do it is to use WD-40 (do NOT use ether or 'quick start') as a starting fluid and keep the tractor running on that.

It will only take a moment at a high idle (1,200 - 1,400 rpm) to purge all the air out of the system. It's also a LOT less work and mess.

BTW, assuming it was only idling when it ran out of fuel, it probably didn't get really empty, it would have just sputtered and stalled as it got low. If you have a good battery, you can usually just pull the throttle wide open and crank it over till it starts. Just don't crank it for more than about 20 seconds at a shot, and then give it a minute to cool down before trying again.

Best of luck. ....

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
mountain

2010-12-17          175807

Thanks for the advice, I have never heard of using WD-40 to get a tractor running. Thats a good tip, thanks. I have been cranking on it but I have not been able to get it to catch, but I will try that wd 40 tonight and see how that works out. I will post when I get it started. ....

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-12-17          175812

The WE 40 works well. Have a friend who does something else and that is wet rag with gas and lay over the intake. Not a big fan of that but it is more of a one person operation.

A few months back change filter on my B Kubota and it did not start back. Don't remember trying WD 40 for don't think I have anyone handy to help. Not fast enough by myself, have tried. ....

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
Murf

2010-12-17          175823

Mountain, it's not just a matter of cranking the engine over, it must be done with the throttle wide open, at least until the engine starts to fire.

At that point be ready to ease off on the throttle once it actually starts. Be aware though that it will run pretty rough till all the air has been purgedby the fuel coming through the system.

Best of luck

Kabota B8200

View my Photos
mountain

2010-12-20          175870

Thank you all for the advice. I had my 10 year old daughter out there helping me get it started on Saturday, she learned about starting a tractor in the cold. We finally got the old girl started and in the garage, now it is some time to do some maintenance on it. All the stuff I should have done when it was warm. Now I just need to figure out why my Oliver is skipping, it is always something. :) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login