Go Bottom

What Kind Of Price To Expect

View my Photos
marchas45
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-11          176350

Hi! all, I have a 2004 BX2230 Kubota 22 HP, loader bucket, 4WD, bar tires, a Woods LR05 rake with dual wheels and a landscape rake never used. There is only 79 hrs on the tractor which I don't use much and is in very good shape and is always been housed in my shed. What should I expect to receive for the tractor? should I contact a dealer or should I sell it privately? Thanks for your input.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-11          176351

Marchas45,

It's always best to sell it privately, unless you are strapped for time, or plan to be away from home during the sale period. The dealer will usually offer you about 3000 less than you'd be able to get from a private sale.

click on the link I posted below. It shows a complete list of the available BX2230s at Tractorhouse.com. You should be able to get a good estimate of what your tractor is worth by comparing it with other tractors of about the same hours, implements, etc.

Hope that helps.

Joel ....

Link:   Tractorhouse.com BX2230 listings

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-01-12          176356

There's likely a Kubota user group where you could post yours.

Especially if you can take a digital photo of it, try Craig's and Kijiji.

If you have a good place to park it under a For Sale sign ....

A dealer can handle it with less of a loss to you if he'll take it on consignment. That way he doesn't have to lay out cash in advance, you set the price and negotiate his cut, and he puts it on his lot.

Or if there's a farm or landscape equipment auction in your area, you know it will sell but you pay a cut to the auction house. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login