Go Bottom

old kubota

View my Photos
cochese
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-04-16          177992

I have the opportunity to buy an old Kubota L295DT with a front loader. It is a 1975 model, well maintained although much faded and rough tin work. I am a mechanic and a tinkerer so working on it is not a problem. Anyone have an idea what this might be worth? It has about 2300 hours on the clock, but I am not sure whether that is accurate or not.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

old kubota

View my Photos
oldgeezerwnc

2011-04-21          178108

2300 hrs on a 35 yr old tractor means the clock has been replaced That's an average of 65 hrs a year. Even retired I clock 25-35 hrs a week on my tractors. If you haven't bought it yet, see if the owner will let you get fluid samples from the tranny and the engine. Send them to a testing company, I think you can get the kits at NAPA or your farm equipment. It'll test for metal in the oil. pull the valve cover and look at the sludge, good mechanics like yourself will change oil when it's time so the carbon from the diesel burn doesn't go into suspension and then cling to and clog the galleries. Hope it helps. ....

old kubota

View my Photos
cochese

2011-04-22          178114

Have already pulled the oil samples, and looked under the valve cover with a scope, ( years of working on autos has left with a bunch of time saving tools). I don't think the clock has been replaced, although I am not sure it has worked correctly all thes years. It was owned by a coworkers father who passed away, and according to them all he would use it for was to go into the woods and haul out a couple of logs each year for firewood, and some snow removal after their occasional winter storm, (south PA). The tires are original i believe and have about 40% left. I know it sounds impossible but I may have stumbled onto one of those rare "deals" we all hear about. Dealership says $1500 - $3000 as is. ....

old kubota

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-22          178123

Hours are possible. I have a 10 year old Kubota with about 70 to 75 per year. A lot depends on the rpms they are run at as the hour meter is based upon RPMs and time run. No idea on the price. ....

old kubota

View my Photos
oldgeezerwnc

2011-04-27          178203

Sounds like you have checked it over. The main thing is if you are comfortable with the price. I've bought several things over the years and the gut feeling usually works out. I'm just and old timer who tries not to cheat folks and hope that what goes around comes around. Good Luck with your new toy and have fun with it. Neighbor gave me an old Snapper Rider last month because of problems with it and the dealer offering to fix them all for about $500. I've ordered two new brake cables, the soft clutch kit and a carb rebuild kit from Jacks Small engine parts and Looks like for about $100 I have a nice little cutter that will go between the flower beds. Good Deals are fun to find. Oh I've offered the friend the rider when ever he needs to cut his grass. Rick in the Smokies ....

old kubota

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-28          178222

Rick, every where I have been in the Smokies is beautiful. ....

old kubota

View my Photos
mcartsetc

2011-09-20          180460

Hours sound real ...I have a 25 year old kubota with only 35 hours a year.
Iv'e seen those old kubota's like that out here in Arizona go for around $ 1500-2000 with a gannon only.
Mike ....

old kubota

View my Photos
cochese

2011-09-20          180462

Got it here and worked out a deal with the owner (my boss and owner of the company I work for) I do the maintenance, and he will put a snow pusher blade on the bucket ( very popular here) and I take care of snow removal in the winter months. In exchange I get free use of the tractor.
Update: Badly leaking Valve cover gasket, 2 leaking injector seals, all original hoses, no thermostat, a pin that had fallen out of the brake linkage, and one rusty rear wheel that needs replaced, other one is new, and one cylinder on bucket leaks slightly. Looked really bad when it got here, but a whole day with degreaser and a pressure washer and I actually found paint again (sheetmetal is very dented), repaired all but the reare wheel and did a full service/fluid change and she purrs like a kitten, and has a lot of power for 30 HP.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login