Go Bottom

2004 Kubota L4630HST Price Check

View my Photos
chickfarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-10-10          180776

this tractor is 4WD, 1900 hours,47HP, QT bucket loader, cruise control(never heard this before) and HST trans. Priced at 13,750. Looks good. I am not sure about the HST transmision. Always just had a plain old standard shift. I am a female, but love my tractor and want one that will last.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-10-10          180779

If it's commnentary on the transmission that you're seeking, depends on how you'll be using it. ....

View my Photos
chickfarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-10-10          180781

Would like to know what you think about price. Also exactly what the HST means ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-10-12          180821

As to price no idea but look at auction sites in your area. Prices do vary from region to region.

HST: Hydrostatic transmissions

Thoughts on the HST you will find opinion on them to vary. A lot depends on the user and the use. For work in tight spaces and with changing from froward to reverse they are great. For use running a mower either rough cut or finish mower I really like ours. For make long runs pulling a plow prefer a manual transmission.

We have a 27 HP with HST and I like using it as does my wife and adult children that have used it. For stop and go work don't think it can be beat. For work where seldom stopping, changing direction or speed would not be my first choice. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-10-12          180822

Cruisecontrol: only on tractor with a HST. It is not like on a vehicle. On a HST you first select the range (the more the better) then RPM needed and then you vary the ground speed with the foot pedal for the HST. The more you depress it the faster the ground speed which does vary with range selection. A problem with HST is you must keep that pedal depressed to keep moving. Some people find that tiring. The other issue is if you are doing something such as using a sprayer or spreader and need to keep constant ground speed that can be tough unless if it totally depressed pedal. For those two needs you use the cruise control to hold the foot pedal in place much like the hand throttle does for the rpms of the engine. You are dealing with linkage on this and on our HST it works like a politician. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login