Go Bottom

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
kevinG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-10          116190

I have a 10 year old G1800. Was working fine. Turned the key off. Now I dont have any dash lights, the starter doesnt work. I shorted out the starter solenoid and the lawn mower will start. The key switch wont do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions or the schematics for the key switch so I can troubleshoot.Does anyone know if the 3 safey swiches, the PTO,brake,seat, would prevent the dash lights from coming on??? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-10          116193

I wouldn't think any safety switches would prevent the dash lights from coming on. Check your fuses. I would also as a matter of precaution check the battery and frame ground connections to ensure they are clean, making good contact, and just eliminate that possibility. A hung or malfunctioning safety switch could definitely prevent the starter from operating. ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
kevinG

2005-09-10          116194

Thanks for your reply!!! The grounds are clean,I load tested the battery. Are there any other fuses besides the looped wire fusable link??? Also, do you know where I would look for a schematic. Thanks again for your help! ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
KevinG

2005-09-13          116336

Im still having problems with my Kubota if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appretiate it. Thanks ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
KevinG

2005-09-13          116337

Im still having problems with my Kubota if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appretiate it. Thanks ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-13          116341

Take a test light and check for current into the key switch. If yes, turn the key on and probe for current going out. If no check all your fuse able links on each side. All you have to do is trace your wires if you can not find a diagram.

If you go to a dealer they will more than likely photo copy it for you. ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
bellwether

2008-03-23          152345

Ditto: I have the exact same problem. I'm wondering how you solved it?
I thought I had it solved by cleaning the battery terminals; the key start worked and did some mowing, then turned off the engine to clean the mower deck. Now I get no intrument panel lights and will not crank. When I turn off the key, I get a buzzing sound in the black comination box on the other side of the engine from the starter motor (for about 10 seconds).
If the moderator could send an email to Kevin G and ask, I would appreciate it. I'm a new member, and just found this post by doing a Google Search. Thanks in advance.
Martin: bellwether @ neonhorse.com
Cloverdale, Oregon ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
bellwether

2008-03-23          152354

Never Mind: I decided to do some more detective work. I cleaned the battery terminals again and tightened both the negative and positive and the starter sequence works like a charm. Hope it keeps working.
Previously I had disconnected the negative terminal for the winter and also when I wasn't using the tractor. Then,when I was ready to use it, I would just push the negative cable onto the battery without tightening the nut; it usually worked, but this time I had to tighten the cable nut; it starts right up in about two seconds.
I also disconneted and cleaned all the glow plug terminals this time.
Hope I didn't cause anyone any extra work.
Martin ....

HELP Kubota G1800 Diesel

View my Photos
SmokyOkie

2008-08-16          156138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief | view 116193
I wouldn't think any safety switches would prevent the dash lights from coming on.Check your fuses.I would also as a matter of precaution check the battery and frame ground connections to ensure they are clean, making good contact, and just eliminate that possibility.A hung or malfunctioning safety switch could definitely prevent the starter from operating.

I trust that by now, you found the fuse container when you remove the radiator screen. While I don;t know about fuse links, your owners manual has a shematic toward the rear. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login