Go Bottom

B2100 HST loss of travel power

View my Photos
wbeeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-08          142797

I recently purchased a B2100 HST tractor, it doesn't seem to have much push or pull power, it does have plenty of loader power. When I start on an incline in low range the hydrostatic transmission "groans" and I stop or slow to a crawl, this happens in forward and reverse intermittantly, I can feel the foot pedal pulsing, I can recover by rocking back and forth. I can only travel on flat surfaces in high range. I checked the oil level and it seems fine, the filters have been replaced, I find in the shop manual mention of a charge relief and high pressure check and relief valves for forward and reverse with Hex heads, I can't find them, I do however find allen socket plugs, does anyone know exactly where these are located or have any thoughts. My local dealer doesn't have a great reputation, I would like to investigate this myself before going to them.
Many Thanks,
Walt Beeman

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-08          142799

In low range you should be able to spin the tires! It should be aggressive and strong in low range, but I'd say if it is intermentent then it might be other then the hydro.

I would wonder what oil, is it super udt? Was it a kubota filter? I've seen good name brand filters that were bad, in the lubrication area it could give you what you have. In fuel systems we could find it with reduced horsepower on the dyno. Many times when companies check their oil to see if meets the spec's that it's supposed to be they find it isn't right. So don't take a chance and change it out again. Keep the reciepts so when taking it in to the shop if need be that they know exactl what is in the unit when they get it. When it does do it does it sound like it might have air in the fluid? Where is the rpm's set at? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-08          142801

I'm a blue guy but most systems are pretty much the same...the pulsing raises concern that you are feeling the pump pistons developing pressure in their cavities or the motor pistons being pushed by the pump pistons, that's not normal. There is a certain degree of pulsing but it really can't be felt with a properly damped anti-vibration system between the rocker shaft of the pump that makes you go back and forth and the pedal.

There is usually a charge line or circuit that uses a small amount of pump pressure to force the pistons toward the internal swash plate that creates the variable speeds. If that pressure isn't there the pistons are free to move as they wish to a certain degree.

I'd seek out a good hydraulic reapir shop for testing.

I'd also look at the mechanical coupling between the drive motor and the rear axle (if you can see one) ....

View my Photos
kjehas

2009-03-24          161357

I have just bought a Kubota BX with a similar problem, I have been all over the internet, your case is the only one I have found.

Have you got it repaired?

View my Photos
Murf

2009-03-24          161360

Considering we haven't heard from Walt in nearly 2 years now, I'd have to guess the problem was solved.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2009-03-25          161373

Kjehas,

Check your fuel filter. There's a clear plastic bowl surrounding the filter. If your filter appears to be dark in color, and shaped like an hour glass, then it's plugged up badly and needs to be replaced.

More than likely that's all you'll need to do to solve this problem.

Joel ....

View my Photos
wbeeman

2009-03-25          161375

Sorry,
I haven't been on here for a while, my problem was caused when a previous owner didn't lock the mower pto shaft on the mid mount and it can off and put a small dent next to the pressure relief valves, hardly noticeable until we took the transmission out. The small dent turned into a crack inside the housing where the relief valves were. I had to replace the transmission. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login