Go Bottom

Mowing BX B or L

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-06          153474

4 years ago bought first tractor. A BX2200 fel mmm, which I traded a year later for a B7800 fel, 6' rfm and also bought a BX1500 54"mmm for my wife so she could/would help me mow (hasn't happened much). She said the B was to big. Last week (3 years later) I traded the B7800 for a L3240 fel and still use 6' rfm. I do more than mowing. I move some dirt and big rocks around 3 acres of not smooth fairly steep hillside. Have some level ground. I also have a Kubota gas mower that I use to mow a level Mobile home park. With my experience on my property for just mowing I prefer the BX series. I prefer the B over the L for just mowing. If I trade again I will go back to the B series with the adjustable telescopic 3pt arms and the adjustable 3pt level set, whatever that's called. Also will still need to do some tractor work and need the higher ground clearance of B. Won't go back to BX since I will have the BX1500 which I use now for a large part of my mowing around trees and in tighter areas. Hope this helps those trying to choose which Kubota to buy for mostly mowing. The BX's will do alot more than mowing but just for mowing to me it's the winner. In my opinion based on my experience. Over the past 4 years of reading this board I've thought Art (and others) would hedge his/their opinion a few times when he/they gave these "It depends on the job replys" I now know Art's the Man(and others) and understand almost totally what he/they were/are saying. Just had to spend alot of money to find out. I came from the "Tim the Toolman" mentality "More Power" but it ain't so in tractors!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mowing BX B or L

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-10          153597

Thank You! John, I too am a devout Tim the Toolman follower!

I've just seen a lot of people make the same moves as you, it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Playing with all the equipment we have helps a lot when I'm trying to help someone find the right fit. I like to put people on the machines which helps them find the right equipment.

Mowing BX B or L

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-13          154578

Traded my BX1500 54"MMM to a BX2350 60MMM no FEL. Also purchased a F2680E for mobile home park mowing, level land. Looked at BX26?? but passed for the BX2350 which will be for mowing and some seeding,fertilizer work (Ferguson reseeder). Don't need the extra 3HP for the money. Will mainly use L3240HST for FEL, Front Forks, Landscape rake and box blade work. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login