Go Bottom

Kubota 7510 How do I correctly bleed fuel HELP

View my Photos
r1bourg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-24          158845

My Kubota 7510 is outside blocking my neighbours driveway. I was being a good semaritan? Ploughing snow this morning the machine coughed spit and chugged until it died. The filter was dirty so a new filter and old o ring is back on. Not sure which is the best method to bleed. The manuel said to have the tank below half full.To late when it's after the fact. Now it says for bleeding start the engine for 30 seconds and stop. Thats not much help. I don't want to second guess this. Any takers. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-24          158846

I think you misread the bad English.

On a 'Bota ALL you have to do is get it running. It will bleed the air by itself. If the filter was dirty and clogged it likely didn't run dry anyways, it cavitated (the pump pulled a vacuum) and stalled.

Put it all back together again and light it up.

It will likely make some funny sounds and run rough for a few minutes, but just keep working away, it will smooth out.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
r1bourg

2008-12-24          158847

I owe u again Murf. I'll let you know later if it works as I know it will.Thanks ....

View my Photos
r1bourg

2008-12-24          158854

Murf, the short is the tractor is running fine now. At first the filter was empty. Rolled it over no fuel yet. Removed both lines ...bone dry. Then I thought frozen line?I openned the fuel tank cap to free a possible air lock? When I openned the cap I could not see the fuel even though my gauge read 105% full. I dumped 1/2 of a 5 gallon can of fuel an the tank overflowed. Now as I sit back and think about this you were right. I maybe was not patient enough and the fuel was on it's way through the line to the filter. Maybe the new fuel mixed with the older fuel an free'd up the ice(not likely). Cranked and within 10 seconds all was fine. Merry Xmas and thanks for your support...it gave me a little more confidence.The Kubota manuel sure is vague on this issue. I guess they like the service bucks?? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login