Go Bottom

B2150 overheating

View my Photos
saserby
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-21          159667

Guys,
On hot days in the summer, my B2150 overheats sometimes. Enough that I'm still thinking about it in winter.
There is no leak, fluid is topped off, etc. I know the grass clippings get in the screens. Maybe I just need to stop and clean them more. Aside from that, is there something I should be checking? Is there a thermostat that could be sticking?

No problem now, but summer will come eventually.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B2150 overheating

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-21          159668

Saserby,

Overheating during the hot summer weather is frequently due to debris plugging up the radiator, itself.

It's important to clean the debris screen ahead of the radiator, but it's also important to take an air hose, with a long wand and soft rubber tip, to the radiator. You'll be surprised what comes out of there. Mowing is a very dirty job.

Next, make sure your grill is clean. All of those little vented openings up front are important in the cooling circuit. There are about four of these little screen vents below the grill, and then there's the grill itself. Additionally, the side covers need to be cleaned to allow for proper air flow.

If you do those things.......being very careful not to make direct contact with the radiator......I believe you'll find that the overheating problem will disappear.

Joel ....

B2150 overheating

View my Photos
8x56mn

2009-01-21          159670

I concur, my B2150 has to have it's anual get out the air hose and get after the radiator routine. You will be surprised at all the crap that comes out that you realy don't see. Great tractor. ....

B2150 overheating

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-21          159672

Was changing fluids and filters in my compact Kubota a few days ago. Ran air nozzle over what I thought was decently clean radiator when blowing trash out of the battery compartmnet. Was I suprised as what all blew out of the fins.

Don't miss air filter, clogged filter will also cause it to over heat and running in higher range than should for load did with mine before I got use to the hydrostat trans. ....

B2150 overheating

View my Photos
saserby

2009-01-23          159767

Thanks guys. I have blown it out a bit in the past, but I admit I don't tend to it regularly. I think it's time to take the front clip off and do a good job on it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login