Go Bottom

Kubota BX2200 Mower Blades

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-13          163406

Hi Art I have a 2003 BX2200 with the 54"mmm RCK54-22BX deck
I am have trouble finding a dealer that will help me find the right blades, I have 3 sets,but their not the same all the blades have a 3 digit number on them 324 326 and something else on the third set , one set of the blades has
quite a bit of up turn on the back side, the other 2 are very low, the set with the big up turn (similer to the gator blades that they don't make for this),cut a lot better than the others, all the blades have a straight cutting edge on the same plane vs a stepped mulching blade
any ideas,I need another set of the high lift blades, Craig.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-13          163407

Craig,
There are actually three numbers in the computer for that deck, K5351-34330, 34340, 34342 although they all suppersed to K5351-34342. This blade in checking has 424 stamped on it and it does have a higher lift then the 351-34340 which also has 424 stamped on it that we also still have in stock, we don't have the 34330's to check.

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-13          163408

Art, the blade set I have with the high lift do have 424 on them!
Thank you , Craig. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-16          163468

Let me know if you need any other info! ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-19          163505

Ok Art ,I talked to Brian at Kubota in Georgia,in the tech dept ,he told me there is another number that he has listed on his system k5351-99040 , with more lift,I looked at the #34342 at my local dealer ,it looks like the lower lift blades that I have, but he also said that Kubota has changed suppliers on their blades a lot lately,and that could be why their not the same lift with the same part number, Craig. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-22          163550

Bump......... ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-06-22          163559

I would have thought Kubota would have had specs on their blades that any supplier would have been meeting for the same part number. If not then you could have blades that would not match being bought at one time due to inventory. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-22          163563

KT I have one set that kick up almost twice as high in the back, they cut a lot better than the lower lift blades. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2009-06-23          163572

I don't know that they have changed them more then once to my knowledge. Some people liked the lower price I do know that.
They didn't complain over the lower price, just the amount of time they could run between sharpening. Tough to make things perfect for everyone!

Are you going to try a set of those? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-06-23          163573

If you take the measurements of that blade and compare it I'm pretty sure you'll find lots of aftermarket alternatives.

Generally all you need is the length, width, thickness, and hole size. For example, a 'standard' Kubota 54" deck the blade is 18 11/16" long, has a 1 1/8" hole, is 2 1/2" wide and is 1/4" thick.

You may need to drive in closer to Pitts to find them, but there must be a place around there that sells commercial turf equipment, if so they will likely be able to give you several options. There are also many online sources, but you would need to know what you need first before ordering from them.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-23          163575

Murf the main spec you put up are good except the center hole on the bx blades is roughly 7/8", I talked to oregon tech dept about the gator blades ,that need to have the center hole enlarged to work but they said they should have them to fit the bx in the fall,Craig. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-23          163577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art White | view 163572
I don't know that they have changed them more then once to my knowledge.Some people liked the lower price I do know that.They didn't complain over the lower price, just the amount of time they could run between sharpening.Tough to make things perfect for everyone! Are you going to try a set of those?

Art I usually pay about $60 set for the kubota blades,I can
get a year out of them usually,Craig ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-06-23          163580

Craig, you can always use a reducer on the blades and run a larger size center hole. They make different sized washers, spacers actually, that are the same thickness as the blade and have an O.D. of 1.083" and an I.D of 0.875" that slip into the larger hole to take up the difference.

BTW, what the heck are you mowing that you only get a year out of a set of blades? We cut more grass in a season than most people do in a lifetime and don't wear out a set of blades a year. Is your place full of rocks or something?

Best of luck.

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-23          163582

Murf down at the bottom of the extra lot next door there's a 20' access across the bottom of the property, water run off get's pretty heavy at times,and sometimes in between
"beers" the rocks leap up under the deck and cause damage to the edge of the blades!,I have not been able to explain how this happen's(I only have a 1 acre lot that gets mowed once a week!),the adaptors/spacers I thought about making, I didn't know you could buy them , Craig. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-06-23          163583

Any time you get water running it will bring up stones, but unless you've got some pretty major erosion going on, I'd be amazed anything bigger than 1" would appear.

Is it possible someone is disposing of their rocks into that area? We had a similar problem on one site for a while, stones from walnut to grapefruit size would magically appear on a regular basis. The neighbour got his driveway paved and it stopped. Miracle huh? LOL

We have several mowers that required blades that were both scarce and spendy, we used adapters (some shop built, some bought) to adapt them to use commonly available inexpensive blades instead. After many years still no problem.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-23          163587

Water comes from the houses on the upper street, we just had 3" rain over a several hour period and the water runs fast enough to push 2-3" stones free, at times of hard rain a 6"-8" wide amount of water can move over a area where the alley transissions to the yards, it will go over a small hill and go at least 2' before it hits the ground, also my wife likes the grass to look like a golf course, so I hit most of the rocks if I have the deck at 2-1/2", I usually cut it 3",and 3-1/2" in the hot months so it doesnt brown out,Craig. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2009-06-29          163713

Well I finally got another set of the high lift blades, they are part number K5351-99040,they kick up about an inch on the back edge,Craig. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login