Go Bottom

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
danwhitworth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-28          163680

MY right rear brake "grinds" when used. While Im not a mechanic I am handy. Is replacing brakes a professional task? I have a shop with air comp, air tools, floor jack etc. Don't want to get over my head but if the job is striaght forward I would like to add to my resume :). Any advice or info appreciated. Thanks. Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-28          163684

If you can get a service manual for it, if you have a dealer who'll get you the bits you'll likely need (like return springs), if you have the right jack and stands and help for wrestling the wheels off and on, tractor brakes tend to be pretty simple and clear. ....

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-29          163699

First off Dan, I hope you understand, and don't take this the wrong way, this is a Kubota, not a Honda.

The brakes are of a 'tractor style' not 'automotive style'.

The brakes are inside the rear differential and if memory serves me correctly, are a splined disc inboard on the axle shaft itself next to the differential mechanism.

In order to "do the brakes" on your machine you would need to do a lot more than take the wheels off, you would need to almost completely disassemble the rear end of the tractor.

On the bright side, the parts themselves are not much money. ;)

Best of luck. ....

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
Art White

2009-07-07          163862

To take the tire off isn't bad, the fender isn't bad, the axle that let's you into the brakes will slide off easily but hard to control. It can be a handful when putting it all back together even for two people. ....

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
danwhitworth

2009-07-07          163880

Thanks for the advice. Being a Feb 09 total knee replacement victim err..patient. I will just haul to Kubota dealer have one 30 miles north and one 30 miles east. Probably was thinking of automotive brakes. Getting much needed rain here in So. Miss. Later Dan ....

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-08          163885

Dan;
I used to do the kind of jobs you are looking at without hesirtation too, still have all the equipment to do it but Mr. Arthur Itis has taken over.
Getting some much need rains here in East Iowa today too. the corn market has already hit the skids, but likely will really tank today. Frank. ....

L2350DT rear brakes

View my Photos
Art White

2009-07-15          164076

Frank, are you acusing me of slowing you down? My wife would love to send you some of the rain and cool weather that we have been getting! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login