Go Bottom

cab or not is hst plus that good how does the ac hold up

View my Photos
256tylerw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-06          163825

I have a l 3400 hst and am thinking of getting a 3540 cab is it worth the extra money also how does everyone like the hst plus vs the regular hst does the ac on the kubotas hold up pretty good should i get ag or r4 tires i do alot of mowing hunting field prep work and garden my ag tires work fine are the r4 any better or worse thanks for the help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-06          163828

Welcome to the board.

Forgive me, but it looks like you were texting the message LOL. We're older guys here. Our brains start to hurt when we try to figure out what you are saying--all the words run together.

May I suggest editing your post using proper grammar (capital letters, commas, periods). ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-06          163831

A cab on any tractor, compact, or full size farm tractor is a must anymore on the new style almost all glass cabs. I've never had a compact with a cab, but did have late model farm tractors with cabs and AC.
I know nothing about Kubota hydros.
Tires, if you main concern is field work, R1's would be your best chioce, R4's would be a good compromise for field/yard work. Frank. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-06          163832

Sorry, I goofed.
My first sentence in the prior post should have read.
A that AC is a MUST in any new style almost all glass cabs. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-07          163861

Cab's in woods can be bad but with caution they will exist without breaking the glass and ripping off the lights.

Air conditioning, is nearly essential as the cabs are tight and just like cars built today, one goes with the other. The air conditioning system has been as reliable as any tractor we've seen.

R-4 tires will never give the grip of ag'tires in soft or slippery conditions, but they won't rut a lawn as much either.

HST plus is the most advanced hydro system out there and so far it has proven to be quite an advancement over a standard system. It can make it so easy to drive a tractor and look professional. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-07          163873

Art;
Glad to see you back on TP, been wondering where you went. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-07          163874

Art;
I forgot to mention, we were invited to a wedding of a relative in Amherst, NY. later this month, we were going to stop by the Waterville store, but a snag developed and we can't go anyhow. Frank. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-07-08          163901

I've got an enclosed cab on my skid steer. Couldn't justify the $3,200 for A/C, but did get the heater option for $800. I've worked in 100 degree temps with only the blower running and the temp control on the coolest setting. I barely broke a sweat which isn't bad considering the cab is surrounded by metal and not a whole lot of glass like a tractor would be (my glass is tinted too). ....

View my Photos
Art White

2009-07-13          164012

Frank, still around and still stopping in and adding my cent and a half when I can! We've been quite busy here for what everyone else says so we'd just as soon keep rolling although I did take a day off the other day!

It's to bad that you won't be able to make it, I'd enjoy meeting you face to face and discussing the farming world! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login