Go Bottom

Leaking Transmission Fluid - L3400

View my Photos
mbleill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-09          163915

I have a 2005 L3400 Tractor. It is a HST 4x4. It has only 96 hours. Transmission fluid started leaking from the plastic fluid level sight window seal. it appears that the plastic sight window has broken internally allowing fluid to leak from the seal around the window. Has anyone else experienced this? The only thing I can say that might have caouse this other than a manufacturing/assembly issues is that my dealer overfilled the transmission housing on purpose trying to overcome an over-riding clutch noise problem. Anyone have some thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-10          163930

Was that an authorized Kubota technician who overfilled the reservoire for PTO noise? ....

View my Photos
mbleill

2009-07-10          163931

Yes. Kubota tractor dealer in Brookville, IN. It was supposed to be a Kubota "fix' for the noise in the clutch. I understand that Kubota no longer suggests overfilling the transmission/clutch housing. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-10          163951

I have no idea the design of that guage but if it bolts on have you check to see if they are snug? I have seen brand new bolt on ones crack due to just not be tighten evenly. It sure does seem hard to believe being over filled would cause one to leak if there is any kind of vent for the system. ....

View my Photos
256tylerw

2009-07-10          163955

i have a l3400 also it is the site glass they have had a big problem with them cracking and leaking all you can do is get another one just be careful not to over tighten it plus keep a spare on hand they are less than 10. bucks ....

View my Photos
mbleill

2009-07-11          163968

Hi Tylerw, Thanks for the information. I will get a spare sight window. How long have you had your L3400? What year is it? Have you had any other problems with it?
I have a HST with a front loader. My property is hilly so I need the ag tires for traction when wet. They do tend to leave ruts when the ground is a little wet and soft. I believe that the small front AG tires get a little overloaded when working with the front loader. ....

View my Photos
256tylerw

2009-07-12          163981

I just sold mine today I have a 3540 hst with cab on order now. I loved my 3400 hst just wanted a cab for safety I ride my little boy around alot. The only problem I had was the cable for the pto would not disengage sometimes and i would push it up with my finger by the lever. If you have the quick attach loader can you take it off for most stuff or do you need it pretty often. I only had mine on if i needed it saves on the front end. Get the dual airfilter kit for yours if you dont have it and i mounted two small army boxes behind the seat for storage and tool box not that tools were ever needed its a kabota ....

View my Photos
ridefxstd

2010-01-30          168303

I have a L3400 hst and I had the dealer replace the hydro site glass and the PTO cable while in warrenty.I still have trouble with the cable as you have described because sometimes it will not throw out till you work with the cable assembly. I also have trouble with the hydo peddle sticking. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login