Go Bottom

3540 no power

View my Photos
256tylerw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-14          164035

I just bought a 3540 cab but it has low power. When you have the pto on and cutting grass not thick grass it boggws down real bad i mow in medium range. Any ideas before I carry it back to the dealer. thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3540 no power

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-14          164039

Is this a brand new tractor? How big is the mower? Mid mount or rear pull behind? Finish mowing or rough cutting?

It's not unusual to have to mow in low range.

3540 no power

View my Photos
256tylerw

2009-07-15          164063

It is a brand new tractor the mower is 6 foot finish mower and it is a pull behind mower. I mowed with my l3400 hst in medium and it never checked up. I think that the injector pump timing is off or a sensor that controls it is bad. the tractor has only 3 hrs on it ....

3540 no power

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-15          164075

When that happens the first place I go is to another fuel filter. I would get the dealer involved! I can't tell you the things that we have seen through the years! ....

3540 no power

View my Photos
256tylerw

2009-07-16          164107

They gave me a new filter and it did the same thing no change. They are not sure whats going on with it any suggestions. ....

3540 no power

View my Photos
Art White

2009-07-17          164149

Is the mower a different make? They do vary for power requirements.

I don't know all your conditions which makes this hard, you have a tractor that if both were set up the same that you will have about 800 lbs more that you are carring or 1/4 of the total weight. To be on hills this would be highly noticeable but I'd think that to get started in Med-low should be a go if the mower is the same.

Your old tractor might have been broken in which could be about a 10 to 20% increase in horsepower.

To have one out of time as you suggest really makes a big difference on a diesel!

Looking at another post I see your new tractor also has a cab, while there again,more weight! Also you would loose several horsepower to run the air! ....

3540 no power

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-07-18          164169

Just a wild out there question, you don't have the brakes set do you? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login