Go Bottom

Problem with PTO and Bush Hog

View my Photos
drillman2008
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-07          167933

I recently inherited a Kubota L2500 from my deceased grandfather. I have tried several times to disconnect the bush hog from the PTO and the shaft will not release. Can somone guide me in the right direction as to how and what may be the problem. (The Mowing deck may been hooked up for quite awhile) Is it froze up...I'd appreciate any input...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Problem with PTO and Bush Hog

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-07          167935

Drillman;
How familliar are you with tractors, mowers, PTO shafts connections etc? I don't want to get too basic if you have experience with them. Some have the familiar button to push on the side of the "U" joint on the tractor shaft, some have a ring that pulls back, some have a ring that you rotate while you slide the "U" joint off. The real old ones had a pin that went thru the "U" joint and the PTO shaft, so lots of ways they can be connected.
Rust and dirt can get bad enough over time to lock things together too. Several generous doses of a penetrating fluid or just plain oil over a couple week period may loosen it. Don't get too agressive with hammers, pry bars, etc., they can help, but too many things you can mess up using the sledge hammer method. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login