Go Bottom

Kubota L3600 red warning light

View my Photos
clarkseger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-01          168895

We have a Kubota L3600 and it's owner's manual. We cannot find information on it's instrument panel that will tell us why a red warning light is on.
We would appreciate any information!
Thank You!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-03          168964

Seems odd the manual does not cover this. I don't have your model but am not aware of a red light on either of Kubota's dashes and had both running yesterday afternoon. Since the manul does not cover it I wonder could a dealer have installed something and the red light for it?

When are you see the red light? when switched on and engine off? Cranking? Glow plugs being used (not sure it has glow plugs)? Engine running?

It would seem if Kubota installed a red light it would be a warning to shut down such as low oil pressure, hot coolant or water level in fuel filter or clogged air filter. My only real solution is to follow the wire. Guess it could be PTO is engaged. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-03          168966

There should be a pictogram (symbol) in the red light itself, describe what it looks like.

If there isn't a pictogram, or you can't make it out or describe it, at least tell us where it is in the instrument cluster it is as exactly as possible.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
clarkseger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-04          168988

Thank you so much for your reply! The red light is located left of the battery light indicator. Could it be the crank case? The pictogram looks like a crank case with an arrow going into it.
Thanks again! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2010-03-04          168989

Ok, a clear cut case of "close but no cigar". LOL

The pictogram you are referring to is the 'air cleaner' warning light. That light usually means your air filter is clogged.

Notice I said "usually".

This time of year it's not uncommon that you get that warning because of ice or water build up caused by snow sitting on the hood and melting down through the air cleaner.

Check the paper filter, my money says it's wet and/or frozen.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2010-03-06          168999

If your air filter is Clean, Sometimes you need to tap on the sensor to get the light to go off. Some of the sensors have alittle button on then , Push that in and tap on it. Normally the light will go off. The Sensor is located right on the Air Cleaner Housing. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login