Go Bottom

Unknown Kubota component 1992 B2150 HST

View my Photos
Woodswoman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-15          170025

I have a 1992 Kubota B2150HST. I have a question about it that is not included in my limited manual (the full manual is online for $200, if anyone has one cheaper, let me know!). Coming off (i.e. behind) the front wheel prop is a housing component about the size of a pint mayonaise jar, from that is the drive-shaft heading to the rear. (The oil pan is beside and above this housing.) The housing has a drain plug and (what I presume to be) a fill plug (red) near the top. I'm not sure what this housing is or what fluid goes in it. I took off the bottom plug (inadvertently thinking I was checking something else)and a thick yellowish fluid started coming out. Anyone who can tell me what this housing is for, and what fluid goes in it (including the approximate capacity), it would be appreciated. Woodswoman

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-15          170026

First off, welcome to TractorPoint!

Secondly, it's pretty hard to tell from "front wheel prop" what part you are describing, but the part about the drive shaft heading to the rear and the oil pan being beside and above leads me to believe it's the front differential.

If so the "thick yellowish fluid" is then gear oil.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
8x56mn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-16          170040

I have the identical tractor. What you’re describing is the front differential spacer. It contains two bearings and the front pinion shaft. This spacer connects the front and rear drive of your drive train. It has gear oil and that is what your seeing. I just had to replace the bearings on my tractor because the oil seal failed and it slowly trained dry. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-21          170202

The thick yellowish fluid might be a sign of excessive mositure in the oil so do change it! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login