Go Bottom

Kubota B7500 stability and use

View my Photos
william2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-27          172617

I just bought a 2001 Kubota B7500. I find it unstable on even a small slope. Also it has a front loader and seems very light in the rear. Doing any work with the loader or even going up a grade, the front wheel dig in while the back spin....suggestions.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-27          172618

Sounds like it's only 2wd? You need a rear ballast box or weight like a box blade. Wheel weights and loaded tires are plus too. ....

View my Photos
william2

2010-07-27          172623

I understand you can switch the back and maybe front tires to get more wheel base...as yes weight will help but is it worth putting calium in the tires...how much weight will be gained for a tractor that size?? ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-27          172628

I don't have front end loader (FEL) but think you will find the front tires are not to be widen with FEL to keep axle strong. The rear wheels probably can be widen with changing the wheels from one side to the other. I don't think that tractor has two piece rims if so then you have other options than just switching the tires from one side to other. I assume you recently bought this and trust manual came with it. Read it, Kubota does a good job with their manual. If you go to switch the rear tires don't forget the front axle pivots, so don't just use one jack but block both sides so the tractor does not move when the first wheels weight comes off of it. Can be very dangerous. ....

View my Photos
roaf3x

2010-07-29          172691

I would check a couple of things.

1. Is your real axle adjusted all of the way out? I do a fair amount of side hill work and this has helped.

2. Are you loaded in the rear tires? A weight box or rear ballast or both are required for any loader use.

3. If you are carrying a load slow speed and low range 4wd and keeping the bucket close to the ground. The articulating nature of the front of these B's makes them somewhat unstable.

4. What type of tires do you have? Have you check the pressures?

This is a fantastic forum. Please post your questions here because it is way better to learn from the mistakes of others rather than repeating them. A rollover is no joke!

For what it is worth I have a 7510 with the LA302 loader.

Cheers,

RD ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-07-30          172706

The bucket aids stability when low but transfers relatively more weight to the rears when raised. Another factor is the tire tread-type. I'd get the rears ballasted in any case. If the valves are not corrosion-proof and they use the common calcium, have the valves replaced first.

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-07-30          172709

William;
The drift I get from your post tells me you're new at tractors. The posts above are all good information and especially the warning that rollovers aren't a joke, they can be deadly.
None of us are trying to scare you away from tractors and it's good you recognize tha they are'nt a toy. A lot of us here have been driving tractors since we were ten years old, but that doesn't mean we are immune from making mistakes, we all need a safety reminder now and then.
I'm assuming your tractor has a roll bar so always fasten the seat belt. Start off slow and easy, you will soon find your comfort zone.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
goodolriver

2010-11-26          175356

I have the same tractor, it is light overall. The points about travelling with the FEL in a lower position are very good.

I would be careful about loading the tires if you are cutting grass as well, invariably you will create rutts.

In my experience, using a rear 3pt hitch attachment or 3pt hitch ballast is your best bet, even a full bucket of dirt is enough to make the rearend really light and lose traction. I borrowed a buddies 5ft farmking box blade - 400 lbs or whatever it weighs made a world of difference and i wasn't forced to drive around in 4wd. Good luck ....

View my Photos
DaveNelson

2011-01-02          176131

I have the very same tractor,bought new in 2001.I live on flat ground so I don't deal with hills. I have ag tires, rears are loaded.The only time I have had trouble is when I am doing something out of the ordinary, like digging stumps, digging a ditch for septic. This is a very tough tractor,but like any tractor you have to be careful. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login