Go Bottom

Kubota B 2620 Loader MMM Mower Removal Install

View my Photos
gregrocky
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-11-06          174958

I`m buying a brand new b2620 with fel 364 and mmm 54", I was wondering just how easy it is to take them both off and on? Meaning the fel and the mmm. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-08          174981

I have a B7610 with the loader and MMM. The B2630 might be about the same for the process, not sure.

If I have the loader on I use it to lift up the front end so I can slide the MMM deck out. Otherwise I jack up the front end of the tractor to make it easier to slide the deck out. Takes just just a few minutes, but I would not want to be doing more than on a seasonal basis. Since I have the snowblower subframe brackets on my tractor it makes the clearance too tight to slide the mower out without elevating the tractor somehow.

Changing the loader is best done on a very level surface like a concrete garage floor. Both the deck removal and loader removal are well thought out by Kubota.

This time of year I remove the MMM and install a subframe for my front mount snow blower and install the blower, grease all the fttings and clean things up on the Subframe,blower and MMM and put the MMM away for the winter. It usually takes a couple of hours to do that.

To just put on or off the loader takes less than 10 minutes. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-08          174986

This doesn't answer but you may find it interesting.

Shortly after I bought a new similar tractor I had the dealer install an FEL. A selling point was that the hoses ended with quick-connects and it came with a stand or strut to set it on when removed. That was 30 years ago and I've never removed it. It's not much in the way and I use it almost every time it's running -- and sometimes even when it's not.

I must remove the mower for maintenance and seasonal storage but most years the two go together. It would be easier with a rear mower that costs less, but the many advantages of a mid are worth it. It's the seller's job to show you the procedure, as with all the maintenance that goes with a tractor.

Before putting it into service, I'd coat all the paint surfaces, especially the mower-deck underside, with a quality car wax.

View my Photos
Art White

2010-11-08          174999

I tell people to figure five minutes each way with the loader as a rough ball park. It can be done in less both ways with everything being right.

The new mowers on your tractor are drive over! That means you don't have to slide them out the sides. For the mowers it normally takes me about two minutes or less but the install depends on the PTO shaft but at the most figure about five. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2010-11-08          175008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art White | view 174999
.....The new mowers on your tractor are drive over!That means you don't have toslide them out the sides....

Hmmm just like the John Deeres, now that is a feature that is worth having. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-11-08          175010

Dennis;
I've saw a Deere driveover on a compact but never witnessed one going on and off.
Just looking at it I think you raise the guage wheels on the deck first to keep the weight off them, then the deck looks to get tight to the ground. There are some little steel ramps on the deck where your tractor fronts go over.
Looked like the PTO self connects and the lift system self connects with a locking lever you use to keep it in place.
Looked pretty slick but I din't ask the price, someone said they thought around 5,000.00 for the mower and all the attachments to make it work.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
bhaxel

2010-11-17          175182

I just took the MMM off my B7800 and it was pretty easy. The only problem was raising the wheels, because of rusty shanks. Once I got that solved, the actual removal was literally just a few minutes. This is a "drive-over" type and I had trouble getting the tractor front wheels to go up onto the mower deck -- they just pushed it along the ground, even tho the mower wheels were chocked. I used some pieces of firewood which were roughly triangular in section as ramps for the wheels to go up and that worked fine. Put them at the back, too, for the wheels to go gently back down. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-11-17          175202

"... had trouble getting the tractor front wheels to go up onto the mower deck -- they just pushed it along the ground ...."

Even in 4WD? ....

View my Photos
bhaxel

2010-11-18          175225

Yes, I was using 4WD, but even with various things behind the mower wheels, the tractor wheels just pushed everything across the blacktop. Probably wouldn't have been a problem on dirt or grass. It's just asking a lot of a tire that's only about 20" in diameter to jump up onto a slick, rounded metal thing about 8" high.

The firewood "ramps" worked great, tho. Anything like bricks or 2x4s would probably work, too. It just needs some way for the tire to climb up a slope or in smaller steps. ....

View my Photos
bristan8

2010-11-19          175253

I have a b2320 with a locally made FEL. It comes off and on very easily and I have removed it and replaced it several times. I have a hilly property with some tight turns and the tractor is easier to handle with it removed. When mowing close to fences it is best removed as I have bent a couple of star posts with it on. The only problem I have had is reconnecting the hydraulic connectors. I now give them a good clean with a rag as the smallest spec of dirt makes them very hard to connect. The dirt seemed to penetrate even with the protective caps on. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login