Go Bottom

Long handle tool holder

View my Photos
andyk1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-13          175119

I came up with idea a few years ago but unlike many of my ideas I think this one is worth sharing. There was no where on my Kubota L4150 (with FEL) to carry long handled tools (shovel, rake, etc.) except in the bucket which introduced another whole set of issues.

I mounted lengths of pipe on the loader vertical uprights near the driver seat. See my picture #1-#4. This allows the carrying of a long handled tool on each side of the tractor. I suppose your could use bigger pipes and carry multiple tools. I once hung an old golf bag from the pipe and carried a bunch of tools but that idea needs some refinement.

I also found these uprights are a great place to hang a logging chain.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Long handle tool holder

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-14          175124

EXCELLENT ideas! I really liked your tool and bolt idea. Thanks for sharing that. ....

Long handle tool holder

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-11-14          175125

I like the slide out tube. But I have to wonder if it dumps inside iteself when the loader raises or hits bumps.

IMHO, I'd use a thin wall PVC pipe with a longitudinal door (pretend the other half of your missing pipe was a door) hinged with a piano hinge or a couple small hinges. That way there's no concern of metal-on-metal rusting issues inside the loader arm, nor worry of dumping inside. PVC end caps would be glued on the pipe. Rubber O-ring or other snug fitting collar could be used on each end to reduce vibration and keep it from sliding out. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login