Go Bottom

Kubota B8200- will not start

View my Photos
Crispian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-05          175528

I have a 4WD B8200. The other night I was plowing snow for about 2 hrs. I stopped the engine and then had nothing to crank with when I tried to start it again. Yet the lights still worked. I was able to jump start it off my pickup truck battery. It ran fine when I stopped it again it wouldn't give any crank. Yet again the light still worked. I know the battery is good because it was just recently tested. Oh, also the "charge" light on the instrument panel is always on. Is the magneto shot? Help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-05          175530

Crispian,

The fact that you are able to start the tractor with a jump from the pickup is a good sign. This means that your start switch is good.......you have a good starter solenoid......and your starter is in good condition.

The charge light being on is a good indication that your charging system is faulty.

Little tractors also have little batteries. They don't provide a great deal of cranking amps, and they have even less reserve capacity. If you're using your work lights while moving snow, that will be enough to run your battery low enough to prevent it from cranking.

Joel ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-05          175531

Maybe a bad alternator, generator, or voltage regulator is not charging the battery and the ignition being on for two hours was enough to drain it of the power needed to crank but not enough to prevent the lights from working.

Until you sucessfully troubleshoot you could give the battery a good charge, and, once started, use the machine with the key off. You won't have horn or lights but you won't keep draining the battery. ....

View my Photos
Crispian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-05          175544

Thank you all. That is a good news.
Crispian ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-12-06          175559

On my tractor recently had problem cranking but when cranked the lights ran well when switched on to test. Turned out to be bad connection on one end of a batter cable. Not sure how that might show up on charging light. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login