Go Bottom

Kubota L4850 high gear shift

View my Photos
regnuorcs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-13          176378

I have an L4850 with shuttle shift. Both first and second gear shift real good, going very smoothly between in either direction, up or down. However, if I want to shift from first or second into third or fourth, it just won't go (it goes into neutral), unless I am rolling. Fluid lever is good. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-14          176401

I think that has to be a linkage problem, possibly internal. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-14          176403

We used to run across that every so often with the units that got parked for half the year.

I believe it is just a combination of friction on the linkage caused by lack of use and the linkage being slightly out of adjustment.

All we did was put one person in the operators seat and with the parking brake set, and clutch depressed, spray lubricant on the linkage where it enters the TX case and work the gears through the full range repeatedly.

If that doesn't work, there's a jam-nut (or pair of lock-nuts) on the linkage where it enters the TX case with a fibre washer next to the case. Back the jam-nut off and release the amount of preload on it just slightly, not too much though.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
regnuorcs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-30          176640

Thanks for the feedback. I have not had time to mess with it yet, but will keep you posted on results. I do not use the higher gears very much at all. . . ie, the lack of use is probably the issue.
Thanks again. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login