Go Bottom

Kubota L3010 Super UDT or Genreic Hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
pinhmd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-05          176695

HI,

I am going to change the Hydraulic fluid on my L3010hst Kubota.
Do I have to use the kubota brand fluid or is there other one
just as good?

Mark

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-05          176697

Mark,

There are suitable substitutions available, but you'll need a fluid rated for use in common sumps.

Many people in North Dakota have had great success with Cenex Quicklift hydraulic fluid. (rated for use in common sumps)

It is nearly identical to Kubota's Super UDT. The flow properties are identical, with both fluids rated to 40 degrees below zero.

Cenex Quicklift is priced right, too.

Hope that helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-05          176698

Mark,

I forgot to mention that Cenex Quiklift HTB is rated for use with Kubota tractors.

Qwiklift HTB is recommended for the following:
AGCO: Power Fluid 821,821XL
Allison: C-3 or C-4 (Allison no longer recommends
Tractor Hydraulic Fluids in their transmissions)
Case-IH: Hy-TranŽ, Hy-TranŽ Plus,
Hy-TranŽ Ultra, MS-1206, MS-1207,
MS-1209, MS-1210, MAT-3505,
JIC 144/145, Powergard PTF
Caterpillar: MTO, TO-2(obsolete)
Deutz/Allis: Power Fluid 821
Ford New Holland: M2C-134A/B/C/D,
M2C-41B, M2C-53A/B, M2C-86B, MAT-3525
Hesston/Fiat: Oliofiat Tutela Multi-F
John Deere: Hy-Gard; J20A/C, JD 303,
J14B/C
Kubota: Kubota Transdraulic Fluid,
UDT Fluid
Massey Ferguson: Permatran III,
MF-1127A/B, MF-1129A, M-1145
Steiger: Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid 17001
Landini: Tractor II Hyd Fluid
Versatile: HyGear Fluid, Specification 23
White/Oliver/MM: AG ONE Universal Fluid,
Universal Fluid, Type 55, Q-1826 HTF
ZF: TE-ML 03E, 06D, 06E

Here's a link for you.

Link:   Cenex Quiklift

View my Photos
Art White

2011-02-07          176754

I used to say that the CaseIH hytran was good but after trying the kubota oil in transmission built for that oil we found less noise!

I don't know if the Super UDT will absorb as much moisture as hytran but it does have my vote.

Many people have tried different oils, some with good success for the time they owned the unit and some without success!

There are enough reasons for failure so I like good oil and filters as I've seen what the lower dollars have rewarded the spend thrift users with! ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-02-08          176765

In the early days Ford said that using other than "Ford brand" oil would invalidate the warranty. They backed down when it was shown that it all came out of the same vat. But if the Kubota is under warranty, better read its terms. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2011-02-10          176808

There is something to the big vat! It's what goes on after that, a little of this and a little of that and then we have a manufactuers special brew. This will not be the same as a generic companies oil that is designed to be an economical fit all for the masses!!!

To blow the big vat theory away a little there is a big pipe line that runs along the thruway here in central NY. They pump gas as well as diesel through the same pipe! Not at the same time, but there is a time period of a few seconds that when they switch some diesel is getting gas in with it and vise versa! So does that mean they both are the same? They do have a time where they are mixed!

I'd just as soon not buy any fuel off the bottom of the tanks even for a discounted rate as I wouldn't know what it might run best in!!!! ....

View my Photos
ejkessler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-13          176862

I have been through this debate for myself over the last ten years because I am on my 4th new Kubota to arrive next week, and even though the "other" non Kubota fluids may be okay I say why take the chance of going broke by saving money. I use only what is described by the manufacturer for all the obvious reasons. When you have a unit that runs tens of thousands of dollars and you are looking at a difference of cost in tens of dollars every year or two why take the chance. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. Your tractor is well worth the investment. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login