Go Bottom

Kubota B2320 B2620 B2920 Tractor Reviews

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-11          183109

Like to get reviews of new owners of Kubota B series Tractors B2320/B2620/B2920. Likes, dislikes, like to have etc.

If you traded up from another model let us know how it compares to your old gear.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-23          183289

Just for reference here is picture of a Kubota B2320 owned by Bristan8:

View my Photos
Art White

2012-04-23          183313

I haven't seen that make loader before! Self leveling bucket and all! ....

View my Photos
catred57
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-24          183321

I see from the picture of bristan83's tractor that he uses the same solution for the low-hanging garage door! ....

View my Photos
klesau

2012-05-02          183443

Just bought a new B2320 not even driven it yet , will let you know what I think. It should be good though my brother has one but 3years older and he said that it is the best tractor he had ever owned. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-05-03          183448

Quote:
Originally Posted by catred57 | view 183321
I see from the picture of bristan83's tractor that he uses the same solution for the low-hanging garage door!

I wonder if the ROPS offers the same amount of protection in that position? Would be great if it does! I have a low garage as well but my 2004 B series is either up or down, no drilling for a half way postion :(

View my Photos
Murf

2012-05-03          183449

Dennis, the halfway position is there, they just painted over it, and Kubota uses really tough paint.

If you measure carefully and use a really sharp 3/4" drill bit I think you'll find it right away. ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
bristan8

2012-05-03          183453

Comments on the 2320
I have had this tractor for a little over three years now. I am generally satisfied with it and it does most things I need. It is my first tractor so I don't have any other tractor experience to compare. When I was looking to purchase, I did quite a bit of research and looked at most of what was available at the time including the cheap chinese stuff. I narrowed it down to the Kubota and a similar spec JD. The Kbta 2320 has three ranges in the hst transmission and this was the decider for me as I have some quite steep hills I have to deal with. The JD ony had two ranges at the time. The low range will get up just about anything and the mid range is suitable for most work on the flat. The hydraulics are quite strong also and the FEL and 3pt lift are good. I have had no trouble at all in the time I have had it and it always starts easily. The only downside with it, and I have posted here previously about this, is the sluggish return of the HST pedal. Quite often I have to hit the opposite direction pedal to stop it. If I were buying again, I may also consider the larger engined version as mine could do with a bit more power on the steep hills. With a FEL, water filled rear tyres and a slasher on the back, that is a fair load for it.
As for the angled ROP, That is good for low overhanging tree branches. The branch can slide up the angled bar whereas a straight one will stop the tractor.
This tractor confirms, in my eyes, the reputation of kubota and I would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of purchasing in this size range. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-08-04          184536

DennisCTB,

I've owned my new B2920 for nearly a year now. I now have 149 hours on it. In general terms, I love it. There are a few things I would like to see changed, but this is always the case.

I sold my little B2100HST to my neighbor. The move up to the B2920HST was far better than I had even hoped for.

The things that impress me most with the new Kubota.......

1. Folding ROPS. This is fantastic when mowing around the younger trees and low-hanging branches. It's also great when hauling the tractor on a trailer, as I no longer have to worry much about overhead clearance issues.

2. Two-speed rear PTO. The rear PTO shaft has a 2-speed option. Run it at 540 rpm and full throttle when operating the tiller, snowblower, etc. Switch it over to the PTO generator and suddenly I can power most of my electrical requirements with the 960 rpm option, running the tractor and just above idle while keeping the generator at 540 rpm.......saving lots of fuel. I routinely use this option when using my welder, or my electric hammermill. Should I ever need the full output capability of my 12.5 kw PTO generator, I'd need to switch back to 540 rpm and full throttle, but this would be rare.

3. Floating mower deck. The new B2920 has a floating mower deck, which keeps the deck off the ground. The deck is now suspended under the tractor, rather than having the mid-mount mower riding on the ground as my B2100 had. There is much less wear and tear on the mower deck, and far fewer things to keep greased up. Additionally, the deck height adjustment can be performed from the operator's seat, rather than by adjusting the guide wheels on the mower deck.....which was a real pain.

4. 3-speed hydro transmission. The new B2920 offers three speed ranges, versus the two range, Hi-Lo option on the B2100. This is a big improvement, allowing for much better power and speed control options.

5. The new loader. Kubota redesigned the loader on the new tractors, eliminating the overhead support that once spanned across the top of the tractor, just behind the fuel cap on the B2100. With the cross-member now gone, the tractor looks and feels a whole lot better.

6. The cup holder. I know.....I know......a cup holder isn't a big deal, but I've learned to really like it, as it gives me a handy place to put my hitch pins when changing implements. I've used it as a cup holder just a couple of times, but honestly I'd rather just keep a thermos in the truck. It's not easy to take a drink while on the go. I'd rather get off and sit in the shade with my cold drink.

7. Loader valve location. The new B2920 has a relocated loader valve, which I really appreciate. Rather than mounted to the loader support, the new valve is located right next to my right knee. This is much more convenient, and far less work for my right arm during a long day of loader work. 8 hours of loader work no longer even seems like work to me. I love this improvement.

8. Operator's seat. The new seat is so comfortable that I don't even notice it anymore. What an improvement! Wow. I can't say enough about this upgrade.

9. Engine power. Needless to say, moving up 8 additional horses is bound to provide more power. I'm impressed. The new 29 horse engine is far more powerful than I even imagined. This was the primary reason for the purchase, but the power gain is far greater than I thought it might have been.

10. Improved headlights. The headlights on the new B2920 far exceed the quality and performance of the headlights on the B2100 I had. For the most part, the B2100's headlights were totally useless for anything. The new headlights on the B2920 are truly fantastic, and the tractor looks great too.

On the downside.........

The mower deck height adjustment system is a joke. I don't like it. It's a piece of junk and needs to be redesigned. Taking the task on myself, I've re-engineered it to actually work as it is supposed to. It's not an easy fix, but I'm glad I went through the trouble. It works perfectly now, and the retrofit was just the ticket. I'm very happy with the deck adjustment system now.

I miss the Bi-Speed turn feature that my B2100 had. The Bi-Speed feature increased the speed of the front tires when turning, which actually pulled the tractor around the trees. Mowing the grass isn't quite as easy as it used to be. I now have to go much slower around the trees, or the front tires will tear up the sod.

Maybe it's not terribly important, but the new Kubota tractors no longer have the option of adjusting the rear wheel spacing. The new Kubota tractors now have a fixed wheel stance. I miss being able to space the wheels out when logging, or when mowing steep ditches.

Overall.........the new B2920 is a dream machine. I simply love it. I'm very happy with my purchase. The frame size is basically identical to my old tractor, but it is far more capable with the increased power, loader controls, easier steering, and speed selections on the transmission. It's a great little tractor.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-08-21          184690

Does the b2920 fel perform well moving soil? I'm considering a b2920 and would be using it to move delivered piles of bank run to various places around my property.

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-08-21          184691

Creeker1,

You won't have any problem moving soil with the B2920. It's a very capable machine.

A heaping load of sand, or gravel, is no problem at all. Lots of power and plenty of traction......though I do suggest some sort of weight system mounted to the three point hitch. A full load in the bucket can cause the rear tires to loose traction, or even leave the ground.......which can be very dangerous.

I went with the liquid-filled rear tires (beet juice), plus I add about 250 pounds of weight on the 3-point hitch. This makes the tractor extremely stable with a full load in the loader bucket.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-08-21          184693

Thank you very much Candoarms. You addressed my primary concern. What did you use for the 250 lb weight? ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-08-22          184694

Creeker1,

I guess I'm like most other folks........I use what I have on hand, or find something CHEAP. LOL. My weight rack is truly one-of-a-kind.......but I really like it. It's one of the most useful things I've ever built.

Most people add weight to the three-point hitch by any means necessary, such as a couple of 5-gallon buckets filled with concrete, sand, or whatever else they might have available.

The best and fastest way to add ballast weight to the rear of the tractor, however, is to mount a fairly heavy implement to your 3pt hitch, such as a box blade, or a tiller.

Kubota offers a rear ballast attachment that fits on the three point hitch, but I find that such a gizmo is totally worthless for anything else. I much prefer a weight system that can be used for other things, besides.

If you get your rear tires filled with fluid, the added weight on the 3pt hitch won't be entirely necessary, unless you're really heaping the loader bucket full of wet sand, or clay.

Don't heap it quite so full.....make a few extra trips with the tractor......save the trouble of having to add ballast weight to the rear of the tractor. For jobs taking only a couple of hours to complete, this is the best choice, by far.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-08-22          184699

Thanks Joel. I'll follow your suggestion and react if I have issues. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-08-22          184700

I bought the rear ballast box from Kubota when I bought my B7610 tractor. I think I used it once. Instead I use a Landpride 72 inch grader blade for ballast.

This works for me because I am not usually in tight quarters where smaller ballast box would be handy.

If you are going to mow grass do not fill your rear tires.

I see you have 2 acres of ground. Just so you know the smaller tractors like even the BX can move loose soil, remove snow and mow, it will just be a smaller bucket. Might be a better size longer term, but you said you want to pull logs so you have to assess your needs.

I remember someone once posted on TP if you can turn it around in your yard its not too BIG ! Ha ha we boys love our toys or tools. However when you buy big for short term speed you wind up not using it very often long term. So renting or hiring out short term need limits play time but can be a wiser choice if that matters in regards to the FUN quotient! ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-08-22          184703

Yes, those factory ballast boxes are a joke, I leave the box blade on most of the time for ballast plus wheel weights.
I got weaned off of liquid tire balast a long time ago, things are just rosy till you have a flat.
This past weekend I surely was glad I didn't have any liquid, I ran over a old piece of woven wire fence without knowing it, the wirewrapped around the inside of the rear wheel shearing off the valve stem, what a mess that would have been with liquid of any kind

Frank. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-08-23          184709

Frank,

I agree with you on the liquid ballast in the tires. It can be a real pain when time to repair a flat. However, I was caught between a rock and hard place.

Since I use my tractor for gathering firewood, I need plenty of traction. The use of a logging chain attached to the fixed drawbar greatly limits my choices when it comes to mounting ballast weight on the 3-point hitch. There aren't too many feasible options available when it comes to mounting an implement on the rear of the tractor, as I need to make sure my chain doesn't get caught up in anything.

Liquid ballast in the rear tires adds quite a bit of additional weight, allowing me to have the traction I need. This also leaves the rear of the tractor open for logging operations.

I can really tell the difference in the stability of the tractor when carrying a heavy load of logs on the forks.......but I don't look forward to the day when I'll have to change a flat rear tire.

Joel ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-08-23          184711

Joel;

Turned out to be a not so simple repair, the R4 tires are stiff as board and the valve stem is on the inside of the rim.
It ended up taking the wheel and tire to a tire shop where they are equiped to re inflate those stiff tubeless tires that had about a two inch gap on both sides between the tire and the rim.
I was also pretty curious to see whether any of the old wire had gotten into the axle seal and bearing, which it hadn't.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-08-24          184717

Liquid in rears since new; it's now 5000 hrs, 32 yrs. No problem mowing, but the tread is turf. Both valve-stems corroded from the calcium after 10 years (one farm-tire service call, no big deal). Nothing else, though I used to get jumpy about slow leaking until I realized it was condensation from where the liquid made the tire cooler. ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-09-02          184794

I ordered a b2920 with fel this weekend. Loaded r4s with no mower. I'll try it out around the property and see what it does to the areas we mow. If ok and someday decide to use it to mow I'll then figure out what attachments and perhaps other to Iinvest in.

I do a have question for those of you with experience. I had read on some old posts that the b2920/2620 was compatible with the b3200 quick attach adapter (QA). My dealer said no. Any opinions? Is it something that could be added later? If, in fact, it is compatible, does it need to be welded on or is it something I can do without welding?

PS: sorry for any typos, I don't know to scroll up within the message box to check my spelling or sentence logic. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-09-03          184797

Creeker;

My computer must know it's labor Day, it doesn't want to work very well this morning, but while it is working maybe I can get a mesage written.

Congradulations on your new tractor, with goood maintence it will last a long time.

According to Tractor Data your tractor should have a standard category one three point hitch. Category one quick couplers are meant to mount right to your three point without any welding ot machine work, just insert three pins. I won't however argue with your dealer he knows more about your tractor than I do, there may be an issue of clearance with something, I don't know.

I've never had a mid mount mower on a compact, there are a couple issues that I think you would want to think about. They are heavy, a pain to mount and dismoubnt. If you use your tractor to move dirt with the loader or a box blade you will want the mower deck off. They are expensive, a good used rider mower can be had for the same or less than the cost of the mid mount and it is ready to go without having to mount or dismount a deck. If you are like me I find myself using the loader just about daily for something. Some of the times I use the loader a mid mount mower might not be in the way, but most other times I think it would.

Just my thoughts.

Frank.

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-09-03          184799

Thanks Frank. The QA I was inquiring about is the QA for the bucket on the fel, sorry for not being more clear. For example, if I want swap out the bucket for forks,etc. For the number of times I'll swap it out it might not matter but I'm interested in knowing if it's an option. I'm also interested in knowing if the QA is really unnecessary because it's not so difficult to do it without one.

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-09-03          184802

Creeker;

My misunderstanding too. I was thinking three point not loader bucket. I understand now, my Deere has a quick attach bucket that was standard equipment, I think.
If Kubota doesn't offer it there may be an aftermaket company that specializies in rebuilt loader buckets, forks, QA's and that sort of thing. I've heard of using a skid loader attachment plate but I think that would be much too heavy for a small loader.

Check the web for loader buckets, I think you will find several offerings.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-09-03          184812

Frank,
I found a site that has everything I need. Forks, etc., can be mounted, temporarily, to the bucket itself so no need for the FEL QA.

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-09-04          184815

OK, glad you found what you need. It's not often that someone doesn't have a product that you need.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-09-05          184825

Creeker1,

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new Kubota B2920. I'm very impressed with mine.

As for the Quick-Attach bucket adapters, I've found that it simply isn't worth the trouble. Clamp-on forks are plenty good enough for these smaller tractors.

The ability to change buckets quickly is something that would be nice on a much larger machine, where the weight of the attachment would barely affect the lifting capacity of the loader.

I've considered purchasing a grapple bucket for logging, but the weight of the grapple bucket would greatly reduce my payload capacity, as the bucket itself would reduce my loader's payload capacity by about 250 pounds.

By far......and there's not even a close second......the most practical QA attachment system is the Bobcat style. Kubota's QA system will work only with Kubota's loader attachments, and Kubota's selection is very limited.

If you decide to upgrade to a QA loader attachment system, go with the Bobcat style adapter plate. It will take some engineering and some hard work, but it's the only way to go. Don't waste your time or money on any of the others.

Keep us posted on your experiences with your new B2920. I look forward to reading your comments.

Joel ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-09-05          184835

Joel;

Maybe you need to get out more to see what else is available.
My Deere 430 loader came with quick attach buckets at no extra charge, the QA is just part of the system.
I've got a regular bucket, a set of forks, and a clam bucket. Between the regular bucket and the forks it takes me longet to get off the tractor and back on to remove and replace the lynch pins than it does to change buckets. The clam takes a bit longet because of hooking up two hydraulic hoses to the clam cylinders.
The only thing I ever saw simpler was a Deere one arm lift outfit that had electric pins that you operated from the cab, you never got out of the cab to change to different attachments.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2012-09-05          184836

For this grouping of tractors Kubota does offer a quick attach system that is very much like that of deeres. It does have the disadvantge of deeres as it is a system
unique to the Kubotas just like deeres is not a universal that goes from brand to brand.
This small of tractors it is common as the standard skid steer style is heavy compared to the manufactuers so there is less weight to allow a larger load. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-09-05          184838

Frank,

The huge number of optional loader attachments available to skidsteer owners is pretty impressive, and they all use the same universal attachment plate.

While it is true that Kubota offers a limited selection of loader attachments, the mounting plate cannot be used with Bobcat style attachments. It can only be used with Kubota's attachments........but there aren't many to pick from.

If, at some point in the future, I decide to upgrade to a larger L-series or M-series Kubota, I'll gladly go through the trouble of modifying my loader with the skidsteer style adapter plate. The selection of skidsteer loader attachments is nearly endless....from snow buckets to log splitters and everything in between.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-09-08          184879

Joel,
Thanks for the follow up.

I receive the b2920 next weekend and will give it an immediate workout.

I will provide feedback.

View my Photos
Creeker1

2012-09-22          184988

I received my b2920 last weekend and after an excellent overview of how to use the features, I put it to work.

As you guys told me, I handled the bank run effortlessly. It totally tranformed the job of moving bank run into fun rather than work.

I didn't write last week because I wanted to see if I was just as pleased after this week's load. I am.

I drove it around the property, it has loaded tires, to see what kind of tracks it would leave. I don't have what you would call a manicured lawn by a long shot, it's basically what grew in as we cleared the woods, but it left only minor indentations and I had to look for them.

In summary, I am a very happy customer. Thank you all for your input!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-09-24          184998

Creeker1,

I spent the weekend bringing home firewood for next winter. My B2920 is equipped with loaded rear tires, bucket forks, rear weights, and a choker cable. I was able to drag whole trees out of the woods without any trouble. After cutting the tree into manageable 8 foot lengths, I was able to lift 6 or 8 logs at a time with the loader, drive up the ramps of my trailer, and stack the logs.

I'm now able to harvest 3 cords of firewood in a single afternoon, though it takes quite a bit longer to cut, split, and then stack it into my log racks.

I'm very impressed with the power and lifting capability of my new B2920.

Winter is fast approaching. I now look forward to putting the chains on the rear and mounting my Lorenz blower. The PTO power of the new Kubota easily handles the blower.

Keep us posted on your experiences, and have fun!

Joel ....

View my Photos
taogden

2012-09-30          185062

Bought the wife a B2320 for mothers da, nice little tractor, things to get used to, lift and bucket roll at the same time, won't work, not enough flow, but the owners manual tells you that. Not happy with the 3 point control, not linear across the handle and can't seem to find the adjustment for it.
Other than that, the wife is just ecstatic with her tractor. One thing I am impressed with, 19 hours and still on the first tank of fuel, a little below half.
At 1500 pounds, the break out isn't what I am used to, but, it was to keep the road in shape, landscape, collect rocks out of the field and do her garden. I did use it when we first got it to help dismantle a man lift for the scrap yard. Max lift is around 700 lbs and you must counterweight. Still can't believe the fuel economy. Wife still wants to get the rototiller for it. Also maintains 1.5 miles of road pretty well also using a blade and a box blade.
We really have nothing to compare it too except a lawn tractor. Other tractors we have on the place are a Allis WD45D, Allis 7060, Ford 8N, a JD 310 backhoe and an old moline hand crank, but nothing small like this, the wife loves it, I like it, and it seems like I can get most of the summer done on about 5 or 10 gallons of diesel. ....

View my Photos
taogden

2012-10-18          185213

I have a 2011 2320 - Put the 3 pt drag blade on the other day to take care of some drainage issues. Everything went well until I went to adjust the drag blade for a flat face to level and smooth. The center link was terrible to adjust, the more I screwed it down the harder it got, finally I was using a 12" cresent to make the adjustment and it was still very hard and kept getting worse. Finally pulled it off the tractor, shaft did not seem bent, threads were good, pulled it apart and found my problem, there is a grease fitting on the center link, it had been very well greased. Cleaned the grease out and low and behold, it is very easy to make changes. Drilled a 1/16 hole at the lower end of the link in case it ever gets filled again there is a way for the grease to escape. The hole was drilled about 1/2" past up the flair where the threading starts, drilled the hole on the lower end so as to not trap water. Works great now and I don't need the wrench to adjust it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login