Go Bottom

Electrical problem with instrument panel lights

View my Photos
Dusty120
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-02          183738

Kubota L2650. Instrument panel red lights will not light up upon turning key on and Temp. guage doesn't work. Tractor headlights work and tractor starts up. Cleaned neg. battery ground to no avail. Turn signal lights don't work but the left rear light will come on but will not blink. Right rear light doesn't work and the wire has no power. I'm thinking that the ign. switch may be faulty.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-06-03          183744

I'm not fammiliar with your specific tractor but most non working instrument panel guages etc. can be traced to a grounding issue.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Dusty120

2012-06-03          183749

Thanks Frank on the comment about grounding issues. I've working on this problem for about a week on and off. I checked a lot of circuits and grounds but haven't able to find the problem. I'm about ready to give up and take it to a repair shop... ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-04          183755

Dusty I have issue with a control panel that one day will force me to for once find it and get it fixed. But panel is a real pain to get to.

Don't think your issue is with the battery ground but the control panel ground. If battery ground it would not crank.

View my Photos
Dusty120

2012-06-04          183759

K Thompson,

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, on my L2650 the instrument panel is accessable after taking off a few panels. I have access to the rear of the Easy Checker wires which controls the panel lights. Another problem is the wiring diagram that I have is impossible to read in critical areas that I need to determine wire colors, etc. The strange thing is that the temp. guage is also not working. I'm thinking of purchasing a Extech tone detector that will allow me to find shorts and opens easily.

Dusty ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-04          183765

Can be next to impossible to test electrical circuit without good meter. Not familiar with the one you mention. My Amp-probe still good at 37 maybe 38 years young.

View my Photos
Dusty120

2012-06-05          183777

Problem Solved. With the help of a friend who is a retired electrical engineer, we determined that the red/blue wire (power wire) at the Easy Checker on the rear of the instrument panel was not getting power from the fuse panel. Placed jumper wire on the red/blue wire at the fuse panel to the red/blue wire terminal on the rear of the Easy Checker and the instrument lit up like a Christmas tree.

Determined that the red/blue from wire connector under left side panel in front of the clutch had no power. Cut the wire and placed a jumper wire the bypass the connector to fix the power problem. Now everything works. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login