Go Bottom

Kubota BX22 blowing hydraulic hoses

View my Photos
delvinmuglas
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-07-11          184234

I have an older Bx22 that is blowing holes in the hydraulic hoses. At first I thought it might be getting older and hoses just giving out (8 years old). I've had to replace 2 on the front end loader and all 4 on the steering ....even the return hose. Anyone experience anything like this? I'm thinking unloader valve and pulled it apart. Was clean inside no blockage that I could see.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-07-11          184240

I've not heard of any CUT whose pump overpowered its hoses. But most every hose will eventually fail, and I have heard of Kubotas where this happens earlier than average. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-04          184535

Delvinmuglas,

These smaller compact tractors are very capable machines, but due to their smaller size, the hoses are sized smaller also.

Hydraulic hoses come in many different sizes and styles. Larger tractors use very heavy hoses with several layers of steel reinforcing braids. Smaller tractors have hoses of much lighter construction, with most having only 1 or 2 layers of steel braiding. These lighter hoses are very flexible, allowing for much tighter bends, but they surrender a lot of durability in the trade-off.

Smaller tractors simply don't have the room to make large, sweeping bends in the hydraulic hoses. Therefore, these smaller tractors must use shorter hoses with tighter bends in order to go from point-A to point-B.

It's a fact of life that these lighter hoses will wear through faster, not last as long, and will need to be replaced more frequently. 8 years isn't too bad. Just be sure to reinstall your protective sheaths at the same time. Just a little bit of rubbing (mostly due to vibration) will quickly wear through the thin outer skin of these lighter hoses.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2012-08-06          184572

We have not had to many hoses break on other then a few Kubota machines. Those in question for the most part wanted thee machines relief vavles set up.. Yes they can lift more, not that as with many that lift more then they should or are rated for. Chaffing a hose is the main reason for failure of hoses and is tied with pinching for blow outs. We have seen flaws in the way the hoses were made. To short, to long or just not the right elbows used originally. Weather will also take its toll with age.
with the different brands we sell as well as repair it is rare to find one brand that breaks more, other then there are more of them out there! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login