Go Bottom

Kubota vs New Holland Tractor

View my Photos
circlediron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-07          184592

I am concidering purchase of new tractor. Would appreciate advice from any one.

Which is best Kubota or New Holland with cab also 50 HP approximate size.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-10          184614

I don't know a simple one beats the other all the time answer. But I have two Kubotas, one 27 hp and the other 68. Will admit they have a reasonable easy life. Had a great to loose a tooth the transmission of the 68 hp that disappointed me but with that being said would buy both again. Had the 68 about 13 years and the 27 about 10 years. Bot have little less than 1,000 hours on them. No experience on cabs.

Kubota as far as am aware still makes all their machines NH does not. The smaller ones are made for them but not sure if the 50 hp falls in the one they make or contracted out.

You also need to compare dealerships. Do some scanning of threads here on some complaints of frame issues with NH, not sure the model but I would want to skip that one.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-13          184629

I will start with the old famous line, "they are all the same" but in reality I hear that the most from sales people coming in with lesser quality equipment to sell me to sell to you. So they all have four tires, engine,tranmission, a rear end, three point hitch and a steering wheel.
I sell both brands mentioned as well as another make to boot. Watching what goes on in the industry in this size and knowing what goes on with repairs. The key is knowing what I know, I'd buy the Kubota and not look back. ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2012-08-13          184630

I agree with Art, Buy the Kubota ! ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-13          184632

I've never owned either brand, but it get's me to wondering a bit.
I don't know how long Kubota has been producing tractors, but if I'm following the brand train cprrectly the old Ford tractor company is one of the parent companies of today's New Holland tractors. The New Hoilland compacts seem to have had more than their share of frame problems and yet there are a zillion old Ford 8N's, and 9N's that just seem to never die. Was there no quality influence that was carried on into the New Hollands from Ford that seem to be haunted with the frame problems.
Before I bought my first Deere compact I did give the Boomers a good look baseing my judgment on the reputation of the old Fords. One of our neighbors farmed with Fords his whole life, 8N's and the 7000 series, he never seemed to have any major problems.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-08-14          184646

Don't recall the details but a few years back I was reading some problems NH owners reported and decided I would never buy a small NH. It was on this site, so you can scan the archives yourself. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login