Go Bottom

Kubota Grand L40 Replacement

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-10-17          185201

When is Kubota bringing out a replacement for the Grand L 40 series?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-10-18          185206

Just curious, what would you like in a new series that the current one lacks?
New is usually better but 99% of the time cost's more too.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2012-10-18          185207

I would like the brake pedals to be relocated similar to the Grand L 30 series. On the 40 series I keep hitting my knee under the steering wheel. I had a 3830 and wanted to go to a cab tractor. I tried the 40 series but didn't like it so I found a new left over 4330 HSTC. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-18          185208

I don't know of anything that is in the works right now but I know they don't stop! In two weeks at the dealer meeting I might be able to tell you more as so far they are still a bit tight lipped! ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-18          185210

I heard Kubota will introduce a New Grand L at the Meeting But I also heard the Price is about $4000 more because of the New Emissions ???
Art is Correct, Kubota is very tight lipped !! We should know more in a Couple of weeks. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2012-10-24          185281

can't wait to hear 'bout new emissions on the diesel ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2012-10-24          185286

Looks like a New Grand L60 Series !!

All Tier IV

Brake is Now on the Left

Wider Cab

May/June 2013 Availability

View my Photos
Art White

2012-11-03          185372

They also made it to 60 horsepower! The lighting is also better! Controls are a little better placed and all controls for the rear are on the right side as before but even better positioned for the operator.
There is a larger loader and even hydraulic quick dis-connect for the bucket!
Hydraulic thumb on the hoe!
It was good to be there and they did have a selection of some of the so called competition there. Kubota as much as some people might complain of noise is still the quitest in the industry overall. ....

View my Photos
MHarryE

2012-11-03          185373

The Tier 4 final engine would be interesting to me. I looked into numbers after buying and using the company's engine numbers, my L5740 uses 25% more fuel at full power than the equivalent Deere. Looking at engine design, the numbers made sense (indirect injection vs. direct injection). At a $4,000 difference and looking at how much I spent on diesel for this tractor this year, it would be a 5 year payback if I could get that kind of fuel economy difference. Some people say an air suspension seat will be available but nobody can confirm that. Air suspension like all of our farm tractors have would help my aching back. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2012-11-03          185374

You got the Air seat!!! On the fuel economy I'd wonder if those spec's are right. Some companies really do a great job of acting like Clinton and Obama. Sorry for bringing politics up. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-11-05          185402

Art White,

Maybe you, or someone else here, can tell me a bit about the new B50 Series being offered by Kubota.

The Kubota website has a walk-around video (New Products section), but the tractor is sitting in the shadows. No real view of it.

Any idea what the engine horsepower ratings will be in the new B50 Series? I see they are offering tilt wheel, arm rests on the seat, possibly more ground clearance, maybe larger front and rear tires?

The new B50 Series even has a step, much like that of the larger L Series. I also notice they've changed the design of the front mounting plate. It sticks out further in front than the older design.

I'm a bit anxious to hear more about the B50 Series. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2012-11-06          185408

There are two sizes a 2650 and a 3350 that were introduced. the cab is wider and more comfortable as well as quiter by a couple of decibels. The tires are the same size as prior models in that chassis. The 2650 is just under the size for emissions and roughly 4,000 less. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login