Go Bottom

Kubota B2100 3 pt Lift Height

View my Photos
SteveF
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-11          186657

I recently purchased a Kubota B2100. I need the 3 point arms to lift just a little higher. Currently, they only lift 24 inches off the ground. Is this the correct height? The lift arms appear to have more clearance to rotate higher. Can I remove them from the shaft and reattach one notch higher? If not, could I buy shorter links to connect the lift arms and lower arms?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-11          186659

Many of the drop links have two holes in them to adjust to different machines pin heights. Have you checked that option? ....

View my Photos
SteveF

2013-04-11          186660

There are two slots. I have it set in the further ones now. That should allow it to raise higher, correct? ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-11          186663

In order to get he highest lift the drop links need to be as short as possible.

If the links have 2 holes, the pin needs to be in the top one.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Oldestguy

2013-04-11          186666

Sometimes I find the commonly used rear attached equipment need something more than a change of link and playing with the adjustable link. In those cases I cut the things off and shorten them and weld back together,

In another case, I modify the equipment to be attached. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-11          186667

Depending on the equipment some have an option to where the lift pins are attached. Of course there the lower gives more height.

Is this an issue on a single piece of equipment or more and if just one piece what is it.

The comment about the third arm is not always an option for some equipment needs to be level to operate and sometimes it is fine to shorted it all you can.

Do be sure you rear tires are also properly inflated. ....

View my Photos
SteveF

2013-04-12          186669

Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked all the options for adjusting where the arms link. I also checked to see how high the hydaulic arms would raise when I had the lift arms removed. They rose an additional 2 inches. Does this mean I simply need more fluid? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2013-04-12          186670

With the last comment about the hitch lifting two inches higher and the shortage of oil I would have checked the oil level first. ....

View my Photos
SteveF

2013-04-12          186671

I've added hydraulic fluid but still no luck. The arms do lift higher for a second but then drop back down. I currently have a carry all with 2x6's bolted on (about 300 lbs). Any suggestions? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2013-04-13          186677

Your comment that the arms go up, but then settle back down, tells me one thing, AIR.

Hydraulic fluid is not compressible, air sure is though. It sounds like you have, or are getting, air into the lift cylinders. You need to cycle the lift repeatedly, with a full reservoir of oil. If you have a FEL, be sure it's all the way down to ensure its not lowering the fluid level also.

Basically you need to put the 3pth all the way up, to all the way a bunch of times. Be sure you don't have the adjustment set to allow the 3pth to lower really fast either, doing so can cause the hyd. fluid to foam a bit, this means it could suck up foam on the next lift.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2013-04-14          186701

SteveF,

I'm a former B2100 owner. I hope I can help.

Your lower lift arms have two holes. The upper lift arms can be attached in either of these two holes.

The hole closest to the tractor will give you the most height lift. It will also reduce the amount of weight you'll be able to lift.

The holes furthest from the tractor.....closest to the implement....will allow you to lift heavier implements, but not as high.

Hope this helps.

Joel

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-15          186709

Steve, are you sure you have it filled to the correct fluid level? I have no idea the method used on that tractor, sight gauge or dipstick or another method.

Murf, would not have thought about fast dropping a load foaming the hyd oil but makes sense with several rapid cycles. But if he had front end loader should not air in the hyd oil show up there or can you have issue that pulls air into the 3 pth hitch but not the fel?
KT ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login