Go Bottom

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
Steve
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-05          23963

I just bought a used BX2200 w/ 60" belly mower and FrontEndLoader with <100 hours on it. I have the Tractor operator manuals, but I didn't get manuals on the Mower RCK60-BX? or FEL LA211. The dealer can't order these either.My immediate question (before I apply power)is how do I lock the belly mower in the up position ?The bigger issue is what regular maintenance is required on the Belly moewr and FEL ?thanks in advance,Steve

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-06          23981

Steve the knob that is to your lower left between your legs while sitting on the seat is the adjustment for your cutting height, just turn it to the max height and you will be locked on high. Owners manuals should be available through your Kubota dealer. ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-07          24010

Steve I didn't answer all that you had on your list so I'll finish it now. A loader doesn't need to be greased daily unless used all day and if I were to rate it for snow removal at this time of the year one squirt a week would be sufficent or every 10 hours of operation. You should check for loose bolts and hydraulic leaks every time you go to use it. On the deck, you should check it with every use, clean it and be sure the idler and belt tension pivots are free and move easily. I find that that is often over looked and is the biggest reason for premature belt failure on many decks. The Kubota double width belt gives many people years of no belt failuresas long as that is keep clean. Greasing should be done at 50 hour intervals on the deck including spindles, wheels,and driveshaft. ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
RV

2001-02-09          24055

The manuals are available from your dealer, if he will not get them go somewhere else, unless you have a grey market tractor? The mower deck ---lift the deck to it's highest position and turn the knob down below the seat to the lock position and then put the deck lift control lever to down and the deck will drop to a locked position, the control lever should spring back to neutral. Lift the deck back up to relaease and turn knob back to a height setting for cutting Grease all points regularly is all I do, ck oil level in the gear box and change seasonaly or every 50 hours should be fine. Adjust the anti scalp wheels so that they have about 1/2 inch clearnace or so on level ground. The loader, grease after use and keep cylinder clean as possible. Welcome to the Kubota BX world, the finest mini tractor on the planet. I love mine and so do all my neigbors when they see it mow smoothly through high grasss that chokes their 25 horse Command Kohler garden tractors to a halt and does not rut up the yard like heavier full size compacts. Good luck with yours. ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
niteman

2001-02-11          24098

I have both manuals if you would like I could scan them and E-mail to you. E-mail me and let me know if you are interested. ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
Steve

2001-02-14          24220

Thanks all,

A reader has already sent me copies of the manuals.
-Steve

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
mayerca

2008-07-25          155627

Dear niteman,

I bought a Kubota BX2200 for my husband for his birthday.
The farmer I bought it from couldn't find the manual. I would be very grateful for a scanned copy of the manual.
How do I send you my email address? Many Thanks! ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
RJVerret

2009-10-19          166396

Steve I just bought a brand new secondhand 2002 Kubota BX22 and also need the manuals. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a copy as well.

Best regards,

Robin J. Verret ....

Need Kubota BX220 info

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-10-19          166399

Steve, at this time of year you should detach the mower. (Belly-mounts have strong advantages, but ease of off/on is not one of them.)

Clean the surface, lube the spindles, check the gearbox. Use a felt marker to draw the belt path because all belts fail eventually. Also mark the turning direction. Use a chain on the FEL to stand it up. Remove and service the blades. Clean and oilspray the undersurface. Store for the winter. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login