Go Bottom

L3010 Backhoe Bracket Mount Question

View my Photos
ChrisL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-12-26          34059

I have a 2002 4WD L3010 HST and want to attach a backhoe BL4590. The dealer told me I needed a heavy duty top link bracket to do this. I bought if for $98 and found that there are no mouning holes on the top side of the rear differential (under the seat). They do not seem very knowledgable at the dealer and I need some help. Does anybody have a welded reinforced bracket PN 314321 installed for use with a backhoe?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-26          34067

Sound like the tractor is under warranty. The main thing is not to do anything that might compromise the warranty. For better or worse, that probably means using a dealer approved solution. If it's a Kubota hoe intended for the tractor, it seems like it's up to the manufacturer to come up with an approved mounting system.

I recall a discussion that hoes used on some model Kubotas will void the warranty unless bars that reinforce the cases are installed (they're Kubota parts I believe). I don't know if L3010's are among the tractors discussed, but that might be a good thing to check out.

I haven't thought it through, but mounting the top-link in the lowest of the bracket holes might be easiest on the bracket. My reasoning is that the lowest position would be nearest to perpendicular to the cases and would produce the smallest shear force on the bracket. I believe the higher mounting positions are intended for heavy draft ground-engaging implements such as plows, but I could be educated here.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-27          34082

I'd take the part back and ask him for your money back if he can't tell you how to mount it. Did he show you where it goes exactly? ....

View my Photos
ChrisL

2001-12-27          34091

My dealer is asking the Kubota service rep to look into this problem for me. The Kubota computer catalog does not specifically address Grand L series only the L series. My guess is that the rep will say it is not required, since the instructions are dated "Revised 3/16/92".

The reinforcement bracket is a very simple "L" shape that fits over the back and top of the differential, once the top link brackets are removed. The "L" bracket has a cutout for the differential fill cap. Its purpose is to distribute part of the load to the top of the differential and lower the stresses directly applied to the rear of the casting.

The top link brackets are bolted on thru the L bracket (matching hole pattern) using longer bolts. The top part of the L goes on top of the differential and bolts in place (under the seat). However on the Grand L, no bolt holes are drilled and tapped in the casting to accept the bolts.

Does anybody have a L3010 with a 3-point backhoe?

View my Photos
Elkoboy

2001-12-29          34124

I believe this is a picture of the top link he is talking about. I tried to buy one of these myself for my 2910 and was told there was no such part... ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
Ken Law

2001-12-30          34136

I would think the the installation manual for the 4590 backhoe includes the details of the bracket and any other spacers needed.

View my Photos
ChrisL

2001-12-30          34144

Elkoboy: You have a picture of what I am referring to. Notice the top bolts that are visible. On my L3010, no such threaded holes exist to accept the bolts

Ken Law: The manual for the 4590 does not specifically address the Grand L series 3010 because the tractor was produced after the backhoe manual was printed. Maybe a new 4590 manual does cover it? ....

View my Photos
fosldog

2009-05-10          162632

Thats interesting as I have a 2910 with the HD top link bracket to mount my BL4590 backhoe.The part does most certainly exist!
I got it when I purchased my 2910 from Boyds Impements in Tillamook Oregon. If your dealer says they dont exist, contact Boyds as Im sure they can get you one.

Installing is simple as unbolting the old bracket and exchanging it for the HD one.
I had a 2710 a few years ago and didn't have the HD bracket Ended up cracking the top of the hydraulic case.The time, effort and money it took to replace the broken part was much more than the $100 bucks the HD bracket costs.

View my Photos
fosldog

2009-05-10          162633

heres the HD bracket part number for a 2910HSD
70050-00540
cost me $66.75 in 2002 ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-11          162659

fosldog, welcome to the board!

However, I'm pretty sure they've sorted the problem in the 8+ years it's been since this post came up.

Especially since there's been no further posts to it till now.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login