Go Bottom

mulch for trees

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-06          82284

I purchased 50 of the Colorado Blue Spruce from Baily's. I planted 45 of them outside and have the remaining 5 growing inside in pots. I planted them a little early and have been fortunate the frost has not killed them. Anyway my question is what type of mulch to use on these trees. I normally use hardwood mulch but I was thinking about using pine mulch since it seems to do better at keeping the grass away. Any opinions? I'm not looking to spend a fortune but if I don't put something around them, I'm afraid they will get mowed off or overtaken by grass or weeds as the trees are not that large.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

mulch for trees

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-06          82289

I just used pine chips from trees we had taken down to mulch around the bottom of 20 6' skyrocket junipers. My purpose was to hold the moisture in the ground and prevent erosion of the soil since I planted on a grade. I'm not an expert on benefits of different types of mulch so I am interested in other opinions also. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login