Go Bottom

twisted landscape maintenance

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-21          96937

The link below goes to a twisted demented story this morning on the CBC. I can't tell in the second picture if the tractor is pulling an implement that I've never seen anything like or if it's self-propelled.

Link:   beach combing

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-22          97024

I remember seeing news stories of California using tractors pulling implements on their beaches to find hidden "gems" in their sand. Seems they do have problems with people putting nails in 2x4's and burying them in the sand. I never did understand why people do that.

Another implement I'd like to see is the one pulled behind tractors on Prince Edward Island for harvesting the washed up seaweed on their shores. I forget what it's processed into, but they had a use for it.

They also had some really interesting solutions for harvesting and hauling the potatoes they grow up there. It's neat to travel to different regions of the world and see the solutions they came up with. I loved their potatoe chips when I was up there. They had three ingredients: potatoes, oil, salt. Best tasting chips I've ever eaten. I stopped eating chips in the US because I don't think they taste good. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-22          97045

Tom, it is a PTO-driven beach cleaner, they actually have a specially-designed machine for just that, we have one.

It was actually designed on the same principle as a mechanised potatoe harvester. It has a blade at the front which is nearly parallel to the ground, it runs through the sand, at a variable depth (surface to minus 6"), and loosens the sand and directs it up onto a vibriating mesh conveyor belt visible in that picture, the sand falls through the conveyor, the trash, weeds, shells, etc., goes up the belt and falls into a dump bin at the rear.

They now have a similar device which mounts on the front of a pontoon boat for harvesting weeds in lakes and rivers.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-09-23          97070

Thanks for the info Murf. ....

View my Photos
rabbittrun

2004-09-25          97184

Yeah, right on Murf,
Our county has about 12 of these to keep the 28 mile man made beach clean.
One other item that we see here is a 5 ft wide pine straw harvester...like a hay bailer....runs about $4,500 and pulls behind tractor.
On that story....sicko's doing something like that....akin to those crazies that blow themselves and innocents up! ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-26          97227

I can't tell in the second picture if the tractor is pulling an implement that I've never seen anything like or if it's self-propelled.
TomG
================================
TomG :
I sent my brother a link to your thread.
The following is his reply to the e-mail I sent him.

L .
Tell this guy below that the tractor in the picture is pulling what they call a beach comber. It is a common machine we see on Myrtle Beach all the time. It is used to pick up trash on the sand.
Posted By Subject :twisted landscape maintenance
TomG
2004-09-21

The link below goes to a twisted demented story this morning on the CBC. I can't tell in the second picture if the tractor is pulling an implement that I've never seen anything like or if it's self-propelled.

Web Link beach combing

> > HREF="http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/fullThread.pl?page=1&parentnum=96937&catname=Landscape%20Maintainance&catcode=LAM&msgnum=97184#97184">
> http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/fullThread.pl?page=1&parentnum=96937&catna
> me=Landscape%20Maintainance&catcode=LAM&msgnum=97184#97184
>
>
> >http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/fullThread.pl?page=1&parentnum=96937&
> catname=Landscape%20Maintainance&catcode=LAM&msgnum=97184#97184
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>