Go Bottom

Help Howto Control Red Ants

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-02          142678

My pool patio is concrete and the fill under the patio and around the pool is sand. I moved a cement bench and our picnic table out there last week and was ready to jump in a couple of days ago when I noticed red aunts the size of a pinpoint everywhere. I couldn't even find a place to set my towel without them crawling all over it.

I sprayed with three different types of pesticide over the last two days. Each time, I kill what is there but more return. Now I am assuming there is a huge nest under the cement with now way to get to it and my thoughts of them carrying the poison into the nest is not working it seems.

Any tricks out there to rid myself of these things? Sure would appreciate some advice on this one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Help Howto Control Red Ants

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-02          142681

From the subject line thought you were talking about my wife's relatives :)

Every spring we suffer an onslaught of black carpenter ants. A two pronged approach works on those for us. I spray around the inside perimter of the basement with diazinon and sprinkle Amdro ant block around the outside perimeter of the house. 4-5 days later and the ant invasion stops for the season. I'm not sure if Amdro works on the little read ants though. This is our second year using it and we've been very pleased. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login