Go Bottom

york rakes

View my Photos
mae9040
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-10          54618

im trying to get the rocks and stones out of my yard ive tilled the whole thing i have alot of stone 3/4 or bigger but my rake seems to remove more dirt than rock i have adjusted it more times than i care to mention and nothing works im about as frustrated as one can get it would have been cheaper to truck in 50 yards of topsoil can anyone help
the soil is dry tilled and i want to take out the stone not the dirt

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

york rakes

View my Photos
JFarms

2003-05-11          54639

I had the same problem with a York rake. It's not meant for removing rocks. My solution was a stone fork. It's removed tons of rocks from 3/8" to small melons. The stone fork is one of the cheaper solutions, but it still involves time. But who can complain about more time on the tractor? This is an old site, so don't bother looking at this site if you're a long time member. I'll have to update it some day. Too busy working right now. ....

Link:   Stone Fork

york rakes

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-11          54649

Are those loader brackets available as a separate part from deere, or were they scavenged from something else? ....

york rakes

View my Photos
JFarms

2003-05-11          54693

The brackets came with the stone forks, as a "universal mounting bracket" (if there is such a thing). The forks were delivered to my Deere dealer, who welded them on to fit my loader (free of charge). When delivered my 4100 just picket the forks up, perfect fit. I imgine this must be what a freedom hitch is like. If only every implement was this easy. Since the forks were delivered to my dealer, its possible they sent more than one type of bracket. ....

york rakes

View my Photos
Bernie Galgoci

2003-05-12          54697

The "hook" at the top and the "pin" at the bottom of the bracket are available from JD parts and are listed as part of the bucket for whatever size loader you have (410, 420, etc.). I guess you could weld these onto anything you wanted to attatch to a loader, or as it looks like in the rock rake photos, onto a steel plate which was then welded onto the back of the rake. Knowing Deere, the hook and the pin are probably astronomically expensive, but having those two "custom" pieces makes the rest of it pretty easy. ....

york rakes

View my Photos
JFarms

2003-05-13          54770

Bernie, fortunately I didn't pay a "Deere price" for the brackets (the forks were enough). I've often thought of attaching them to things like 3PH forks. Forks for the 3PH are cheap compared to the forks for the loader. But a set of those brackets could turn the 3PH forks into loader forks with no bucket required. They'd be easier to attach and not as tippy as bucket forks. It also makes me wonder why they charge so much for loader forks! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login