Go Bottom

Lawn roller suggestions

View my Photos
BARNEE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-22          71960

I'm looking to get a small lawn roller & was wondering if there are any recommendations for a polyethylene vs. steel roller. Here in south Texas the ground has a lot of clay (called gumbo) that sticks to everything when wet & is like stone when dry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Lawn roller suggestions

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-22          71964

I got the steel one from Tractor Supply that when full of water weighs about a 1,000 pounds. The only down side to the steel one is that the outside is rusting pretty bad and I've only had it for a few years plus it can get dented a little bit running over rocks. When I drain it in the winter I notice a rust colored water coming out. The downside to the polyethelene is they can crack. I went with the steel because I couldn't find the larger rollers in the polyethelene. Mine is a 24" X 48" roller. You could probably make your own with sand or concrete and a drum. I haven't had any problems with anything really sticking to mine and I have used it on wet clay, top soil, and crusher run stone. ....

Lawn roller suggestions

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-23          71985

An idea from Roger Loving who retired from here quite awhile ago is to use the tank from an old gas water heater. They have a centre vent for the burner that is convenient to run a shaft through. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login