Go Bottom

Advice on buying used Long

View my Photos
kevin12582
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-08          103805

Hi. I'm new to this forum and a first time tractor buyer. Am interested in a 2003 390HST Landtrack, 4WD,39HP,with 68 hours original owner. Comes with a box blade, 2 augers, tiller,brush hog, finished mower, plow blade. Looks brand new. Owner asking $22K. Do you think this is a good price and what is your overall opinion of this tractor....Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!! Kevin
ps...does anyone have the website for Long Tractors? I tried www.longagrl.com but it was not recognized. thanks again!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-08          103822

Kevin, I don't have access to their address right now but I'd make sure that I knew of a dealer near by or at least some type of support just in case you might need help or parts. It's an unfortunate thing but things normally break when we need them. ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-01-09          103873

You may want to get a quote on a new one to compare. If you can use a 35HP tractor, there are some good incentives on 330HSTs in stock right noe. I hope you just didn't mention that this unit has a loader, if not I think it might be a little high...
you can reach long at www.farmtrac.com ....

Link:   Long Agribusiness

View my Photos
kevin12582

2005-01-10          103960

hey, thanks for the replys so far. I really appreciate it as this is my first tractor buy and I don't know much about the Long tractors. I forgot to say that it does have a front bucket. I was thinking of offering $20K for the whole package....any ideas or thoughts? So far, I haven't really heard anything bad about the Long tractors. By the way, this is a great website!! So glad I found it!! ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-01-11          103963

Kevin,
Check with a dealer in your area. You may be able to get a new one with a three year warranty for close to what you are thinking of offering, depending on your location, as prices do vary some from location to location. If you will use all of the attachments/implements, than the used one may be a good value, sure wouldn't hurt to get some quotes on new before you move. I have the 330HST and 360DTC with shuttle in stock and have played with them some and they are nice machines. ....

View my Photos
jamese

2005-01-11          103993

dont forget about re-sale value,,give this some thought ....

View my Photos
kevin12582

2005-01-11          104046

Thanks guys for the replies!! This is great! Chipuren, I probably will use all the attachments as we have horses and about 100 acres to work, plan to do some planting etc. But I will definitely check out the new prices as the warranty is a great thing just in case.

Jamese, I wasn't sure about the re-sale value of the tractor with all the attachments included but I asked a friend who does farming, but he wasn't familiar with the Long tractors...he did say that if it was just the tractor that it might be kinda high pricewise, but considering all the attachments that it might be a good value. Is that what you meant by considering the re-sale value??

I found a Long dealer about 30 miles away and am in the process of seeing what a new one with all the attachments mentioned would cost....will let you guys know when I hear back. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login