Go Bottom

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
Realbker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-03          154198

I have a GC2300 w/2350 loader and my neighbor has a JD2305 that he brought over one day to help move some heavy clay/dirt. I was shocked at the amount of dirt he could scoop in the larger bucket and the power of the Yanmar engine. I was dissapointed by the power of my 2350 loader because I could not even get the bucket to roll back when I would drive into the pile. On paper the GC2300 should walk all over the JD2305. Is there something I'm missing or is this just the humiliation I'll have to deal with each time he brings that green thing over??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-04          154221

When set low there should be more ability to curl than to lift. If the loader is original and old, you might want to have a hydraulics guy check the cylinders, which tend to leak internally over time. And if you haven't seen to replacing the hyd fluid and cleaning or replacing the filters, .... ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-04          154228

Realbker,

I'm willing to bet that your hydraulic fluid is either of the wrong type, or is contaminated with something other than hydraulic fluid. (It's amazing what some people add to a hydraulic system.)

A fresh batch of quality hydraulic fluid would probably work wonders on your loader and bucket performance.

It really sounds to me as though your pump is having a hard time building up the needed pressure to operate your loader properly. This is often caused by somebody adding something other than hydraulic fluid to the system.

If it's been a while since you last changed your fluid........or maybe you've never changed it before now....it would be a good idea to start there.

Let us know what happens once you change the fluid and filters. I'm willing to bet that the performance will improve dramatically.

Joel ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-06-04          154232

Realbker,

Here's a great article, written by Brendan Casey, explaining the symptoms associated with poor quality, or contaminated hydraulic fluids -- as well the effects of high operating temperatures and air bubbles trapped within the fluid.

I believe you'll find that many of these symptoms apply directly to your situation.

Joel ....

Link:   In Search of the Perfect Hydraulic Fluid

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
Murf

2008-06-04          154239

On nearly all of the FEL's I've seen the pressure relief system is set too low.

Lift power is a function of system pressure, the lower the pressure, the less lift power you get.

Air entrainment and / or incorrect fluid will not help, but it also won't contribute much to this type of problem. Fluid is not compressible, period. While air is, it will eventually compress down to nothing and will add only bounce and some weird stuff.

Put a T-fitting and pressure gauge (0 to 3,000 psi) inline with the lift line and try hoisting something heavy and see what kind of pressure readings you're getting.

Best of luck. ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
Realbker

2008-06-04          154242

Thanks for all the great advice! I should go into a little more detail on the tractor though. This is a 2007 with 15 hours on the clock. I bought it and the loader brand new less then a month ago so I would hope the MF dealer would've put the correct fluid in it. As for the pressure issue, I think that's the real problem. I'm going to get a guage and hook on to see what kind of pressures I'm getting, but I'll bet they'll be low. I can't even get forward motion with the hydro if I'm into a pile of dirt trying to curl the bucket. Does anyone know where the pressure relief is on the GC2300 and is it adjustable? This is a great site! Thanks again! ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-06-04          154243

Realbker,

Thanks for the additional information. I wouldn't even bother looking for the pressure relief valve. With a tractor this new, the dealer should come out to your house and perform the checks for you.

Of course, it's always nice to look over their shoulders, because the warranty period doesn't last forever. At some point in the future, you'll probably be working on your tractor all by your lonesome.

Being that this is a new tractor, I wouldn't rule out a faulty hydraulic pump, a faulty adjustment on the pressure relief valve -- or even the possibility that a young mechanic working at the dealer may have put the wrong fluid in your hydraulic system. (Tractors are shipped dry. Every fluid is added at the dealer.)

Hope you get to the bottom of this problem. When you get it figured out, please stop by to let us know the outcome, so that we might be able to share this information with any future members.

Welcome aboard. Please stop in again.

Joel ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-05          154251

What kind of RPM's were you running? With this new a tractor were you running low RPMS, possibly low enough to not get sufficient pumping? kt ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-06-05          154264

If I remember correctly, your sub-compact tractor FEL is rated to lift about 500 pounds.

Your neighbors machine is rated for 800+ pounds.

That's the difference, I think. ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
Realbker

2008-06-06          154347

I put a pressure gauge on the control block and it read about 1900 PSI @ 2800RPM. It just doesn't seem like it's working right. I would assume with no counterweight other than filled tires it should make the back end light? I have a hard time believing the specs in the brochures because they give weights from all different locations on the bucket or at the pin. The flow is almost 1GPM more than JD and the lift capacity in the manual for the 2350 goes from as low as 542# up to 745#, so I would assume it's very close to the JD. ....

2350 Loader Weights

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-06-08          154401

Here is the other shoe.....

Many sub-compacts have tiny little front tires with very limited weight bearing capacity.

It is a fact that some manufacturers keep the hydraulic pressure(and therefore the lift capacity) set low so as not to overload the front tires and sometimes to keep from overloading the front axle.

Tread cautiously if you decide to change the relief pressure on your hydraulic system. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login