Go Bottom

Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
topjimmy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-05          155092

Hello to all, I have a MF1010 4WD standard which has recently had a complete new motor installed (short block) and after I drained/refilled the transmission/hydraulic oil and replaced the filter the 3pt. hitch will not work. I removed the pump and made sure the gear which runs it was turning and it was, I have added oil to the pump and turned it by hand and the oil passes through the pump. My question is - is this a suction pump? if it is, there is no way to get oil to the suction side of the pump as it is higher than the reservoir level. If you try to fill this side it just flows back to the reservoir. Will the air eventually get burped through the system? Is there a trick to this? Any help with this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-05          155097

Sounds like you are missing a pick up tube, If the inlet is above the oil level. Or its just not connected.

Most have pick up tubes and a screen you can access. ....

Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
topjimmy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-05          155102

I've looked at the manual and parts book and it seems that there is no screen...as for the pickup tube the inlet line starts at the bottom of the transmission below rear axle and elbows up about an inch or so where it enters the filter housing the continues to run along the bottom of the transmission to just in front of the floor boards where it makes a 90 degree turn upwards. It rises approx. 6 - 8 inches, this is where it goes above the level in the reservoir (its a common reservoir for transmission and hydralics). After it rises it turns 90 degrees again and runs along side the engine to the inlet of the pump. I have tried adding to the inlet side but it just uns back to the filter and reservoir. I think my next step is to drain it again and take all of that run of pipe off and make sure there is no blockages but I was hoping I would have to do that.

Thanks for the reply! ....

Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-07          155152

On older design units they often had o-rings on the pick-up tubes which would leak. You might find one sucking air where the person changing the engine didn't watch it close enough while changing components. They will take air in but not leak oil out! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login