Go Bottom

Replacing hydraulic filter on MF180

View my Photos
Damon Brantley
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-05          16008

I know an MF180 is not quite a compact tractor, but someone may have experience with this.My dad has a MF180 that has a Gread Bend loader on it. The loader can barely lift anything. He wants to start by replacing the hydraulic filter. Unfortunately the service manual he has does not go into great detail about replacing the filter. It looks like he needs to remove a cover under the seat. However he is concerned about needing the separate the transmission from the engine. Surely that would not be necessary to replace the filter.Has anyone else had any experience on replacing the filter on this tractor or a similar model.Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
John Trotter

2000-08-23          19074

I have a 1973 MF 175 with live PTO and cleaned the hydro filter as follows: Drain hyd fluid into a couple of clean 5 gal buckets. Remove the PTO engagement lever and cover from the L/H side of the trans housing (below the seat). Remove the safety wire that is twisted around the filter retainer. Do not destroy as you will need to re-attach after cleaning. Remove filter by unscrewing filter 'cup' and filter - the cup has a wing nut type deal on the bottom. Clean the fine mesh stainless steel filter in diesel fuel and re-install. Be sure to re-attach the safety wire as it keeps the filter from vibrating loose. Cleaning this filter made a major improvement with my 175. ....

View my Photos
cyclospot

2015-10-31          193978

Ok, I'm new here. Been on yesterday's tractors for a while. I have a mf 180 and tried to access the hyd filter the way described here and the cover does not come off because of the steel lines inside that come through the cover. I have the handle for the pto off that has a roll pin and the 2 lines off of the outside. Any help would be appreciated. I thought maybe was the wrong side but cannot reach into the other side. I have a crappy it book for it but hardly mentions the filter and does not say how to access it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login