Go Bottom

tube type vs tubeless tires

View my Photos
RNall1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-15          168071

I have a MF 1205 4 wheel drive sub-compact tractor.I am replacing the Bridgestone 5X12 AG tube type tires with 5X12 Titan AG tubeless tires. Do I still have to use tubes in the tires?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-16          168072

It would depend on if the rims are made to hold air or not. I use tubes in my equipment regardless to keep them from coming off rims if I hit something since these tires do not have a safety bead like a car tire to keep the sidewall in contact with the rim. Once these tires "burp" or loses a small amount of air suddendly due to being bumped off the sidewall they lose all air. ....

View my Photos
RNall1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-16          168083

I went ahead and had the inner tubes put in to be on the safe side. I had asked the parts clerk at the local MF dealership and he did not know if they could or not. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-16          168089

Boy those tires hold such a little bit of air any impact as EW pointed out and you probably have a tire loose from the rim. Which never happens near an air compressor and it if fully breaks loose can be a real pain to bet it seated back. Don't ask how I know on the rear wheel of my same Kubota as it has only happened twice. Glad pickup was near by each time for air tank run and run and run. The last time it broke loose totally. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login